• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Sign in to follow this  
smart_garrett

Best sounding turbo outlet pipe (RB20/25)

I’m fitting an rb25 turbo on my RB20 and am wondering what the best sounding outlet pipe is. I’ve looked at the tomei, but I’m not really looking at spending 300 usd for an outlet pipe. What else do you guys think? Also looking at downpipes aswell.

37 minutes ago, smart_garrett said:

I’m fitting an rb25 turbo on my RB20 and am wondering what the best sounding outlet pipe is. I’ve looked at the tomei, but I’m not really looking at spending 300 usd for an outlet pipe. What else do you guys think? Also looking at downpipes aswell.

Outlet pipes ( to intercooler?) don't make a sound. Find someone with an RB25DET and copy their set up with stock (second hand) gear. Yes get a three inch downpipe.

Oh you americans.

Doesn't matter what 'outlet pipe' you use, it's attached to an RB20 so going to sound good.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, iruvyouskyrine said:

Oh you americans.

Doesn't matter what 'outlet pipe' you use, it's attached to an RB20 so going to sound good.

too right!

What you want is an R31House exhaust manifold.

On 1/31/2018 at 10:00 PM, niZmO_Man said:

But ...

o0480036014008616242.jpg

That's a R31house takoashi MAX manifold.... they are by far the nicest looking manifold for an RB and now long discontinued for the new version which is a direct replica of the gts-r manifold 😍 

But yeah anyways...I have a gtsr manifold that's unfortunately been re-flanged and had a gate welded to it then removed and repaired at some stage....Cost me a packet too.

On 2/1/2018 at 9:34 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

I take twin scoll over that Gibson single baloney

That's R31house, not Gibson...and they are twin scroll fam ✌🏼👌🏼

Would looks amazing if it wasn't that terrible chrome colour 🤢

Sidenote: My manifold sounds absolutely amazing but i cannot provide evidence as a truck crashed into the car the second day of driving it and now looking like its going to be written off :(

• Sad 2

Would looks amazing if it wasn't that terrible chrome colour 🤢
Sidenote: My manifold sounds absolutely amazing but i cannot provide evidence as a truck crashed into the car the second day of driving it and now looking like its going to be written off

They're made from stainless just like the original gts-r takoashi and would discolour almost instantly with the first few drives and heat cycles. There's actually a picture somewhere I saw last week on the R31house owners blog of the ver3 test manifold after it was test fitted and ran for first time on the his R31 and it's turned a nice heat treated purple/brown/blue - ish colour...