SAU Community

Stagea M35 engine engine swaps -

gurichagtr

Hi guys, 

looking for opinion if that worth to swap vq30det instead vq25det? i couldn't find any topic with similar project, i wonder if awd system will work properly and gearbox will fit straight? idea is that solving issue with ecu tuning as vq30det is supported by nistune, actually some will ask why change the engine instead of buying ecu? but first i couldn't find any ecu for that and second i have spare vq30det engine already)

I didn't know Nistune supported Y33 VQ30DET, interesting...

From info on hardtuned (and another SAU thread) the Y33 and M35 ecu pin outs are pretty different. And from my understanding, the Y series ECUs control things like the climate control and part of the navigation display. Not sure about the M35 but you risk losing some of the interior functions. Not to mention the new ECU would probably need info from the auto box, and M35 runs RE5 while the Y series all run RE4.
Sounds like a big task and lots of unknowns.

On 2/4/2018 at 8:00 AM, gurichagtr said:

Hi guys, 

looking for opinion if that worth to swap vq30det instead vq25det? i couldn't find any topic with similar project, i wonder if awd system will work properly and gearbox will fit straight? idea is that solving issue with ecu tuning as vq30det is supported by nistune, actually some will ask why change the engine instead of buying ecu? but first i couldn't find any ecu for that and second i have spare vq30det engine already)

Doesn't really help you but the only VQ30 into Stagea swap I know about used a Link ecu and manual box from a Z (so RWD)

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently put a Haltech Elite 2500 in my M35 with the VQ25DET, i believe it is the first to have it done in the country. I have been working with Matt from Haltech to clean up and sort out the base map for the computer, which was a sucess. The car is now tuned and it runs beautifully.

Edited by Coullsy

I have recently put a Haltech Elite 2500 in my M35 with the VQ25DET, i believe it is the first to have it done in the country. I have been working with Matt from Haltech to clean up and sort out the base map for the computer, which was a sucess. The car is now tuned and it runs beautifully.

Anymore details? Is it just acting as a piggyback?

ECU is controlling everything engine related including fuel, throttle, idle control etc, factory computer is handling the Auto trans, works a treat. Car is currently making 252awkw

• Like 1

Mine isn’t yet, but it can be added in, after the motor is wired there still are a few available outputs that can be used for what ever you please. If you run out of outputs you can get a CAN hub and add more.