SAU Community

Buying a NA R32 as a daily

Hey guys, so im currently in the market looking for a car. 

Ive been offered a NA R32, with 220xxx. Seller said no leaks or issues with the car other than minor paint fade. However, the car has 220xxx kms and im looking to use it as a daily. Apparently it is the orginial rb25de and hasn't been engine swapped. (How do i know this for certain?) Is it a good idea to do this? Also if the car is defected, i've seen horror stories with people having to sell them off as track cars (Why is that?) Please help me decide. He wants 7k ono, but im not sure if its the best decision tbh. 

Cheers

Edited by james1999

Actually, I will stand up and say that an R32 GTS25 wouldn't be a bad daily.  Certainly not fast, and for that reason may not have been thrashed.  But if it shows any signs of being in anything other than really great condition, then do not pass go, do not exchange $200 for it.  Simply not worth the investment.  For $4k (its absolute max value) you could get something less than half as old with many fewer miles done.

Full admission.....I have a sneaking want to put a supercharger on an RB25 R32.  But would need a diff and brakes and suspension and turn something supposedly cheap into a dollar pit.

• Like 1

Would have to be immaculate. RB25DE R32 would be a great daily.
But as above, be prepared to wrench or spend money on it, all cars require maintenance, especially older ones.

People sell defected cars as track only because their car is unroadworthy and too expensive to bring back to roadworthy condition.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

for $7k I would go buy a Mazda 3 BK SP23 or even Sports MAXX

Light years ahead of the R32 RB20DE, safer, quieter, faster, everything better, dual zone climate control.

Yuh, but this one is at least an RB25, so it will at least have enough torque to drive away from a set of traffic lights faster than a 3 yr old on a tricycle.  With a set of cams and decent exhaust, they sound alright and could be a bit of fun.  Just not fast.

Here’s is my advice to a young lad. 

Buy a car for 2000

Buy 5 diamond rings worth 1000 each 

give one to the sexiest chick you meet . It is a bold move and shows you are serious . You still have 4 spares. 

Surely you will bag a hot chick with this technique 

hopefully she has a nice car

Buy a car for 2000

give one to the sexiest chick you meet . It is a bold move and shows you are serious . You still have 4 spares. 

28 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

A smart corporate girl wouldn't take a $1000 diamond ring, would need an extra 0.

Doesn't need to be a smart corporate girl.  Just needs to be a hotty with only enough sense to link diamond ring to lubrication.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Ben C34 said:

Buy a car for 2000

Agreed 2k car, balance on coke and hookers. Wait wut?