SAU Community

R200 vs r230 diff and 6 bolt drive shafts

boostn32

Hi I'm currently building a project car. Im looking at diffs and drive shafts. My question is, is a Z32 r230 stronger than a R32 GTR r200 diff? They both use 6 bolt drive shafts. Is there any difference in strength and lengths of the shafts and cv's? What torque can these diffs and drive shafts take in std form behind an auto 1400kg car with MT 275 tyres. 

Luke

R230 is definitely stronger than the R200.  And extra inch on any diff is a good thing.  It's bigger and heavier though, so the real question is whether you need the strength.  Plenty of R200s putting down large amounts of torque.

I think the stub axles are probably the same items, although I haven't seen them side by side to compare.  I can;t see any reason for Nissan to do "a Nissan" and make them different just for the sake of it.  The GTR 6 bolters are large compared to other R200 stubs.

The GTR CVs are probably again, the same thing as the Z32 turbo 6 bolters.  No reason for them to be different.  Again, for what it's worth, the 5 bolt CVs from other Skylines are quite strong and the 3x2 bolters on S13s etc, despite being only tripod joints and not proper CVs, are not all that much weaker anyway.