SAU Community

R34 GTT 98 Camera

Sam62391

Hello,

I'm looking for advice on which model i should use for a reverse camera. 

I've searched the forums for related posts but haven't found anything of use. This link says i don't have permission to view it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Hidden from me too, probably an issue with the post itself rather than your user account.

Either way, they're a pretty universal item both the camera and the double din head unit so any "kit" should be ok?

But if reversing cameras are banned then what are the 3T trucks with no windows gonna do?
And what are the panel beaters gonna do when Suzy learns how to park properly? Or Shane finally gets used to how close his garage door really is?
You gotta think of the future GTSBoy

I am thinking about the future.  I'm thinking of a future where everybody looks like the meat pillows in the Wall-E movie.  They're almost there now.  Can't do a google search without having Siri or Alexa stand between you and the nasty internet to handle your query.  Can't buy anything if it involves using a phone as a voice communication device - has to be on-line.  Can't navigate the roads of their own city without eyes glued to the blue line on the phone screen at eye level above the dashboard.  Can't cook, have to use Uber-eats.  Can't reverse a car without beepy sensors or screens showing alignment lines, or worse, auto f**king self parking faggotry.

/rant

Every time I hire a car it takes about a week before I notice that the thing even turns a camera on and shows a blurry f**ked out view of what's behind me when I engage reverse gear.  That's because  I'm already doing the right thing by looking backward before I engage reverse to make sure there's nothing behind me.

This isn't a disucssion about the need for reversing cameras (they have been legislated in the US to be on every passenger car from 2018 on.) 

https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/new-backup-camera-rule-cameras-will-be-mandatory-by-2018-223739

As for the post you quoted, it no longer exists. :(

• Like 1

I've seen several options on the market for R34 that replace the rear license plate light, so that it works/looks relatively OEM.

I've been trying to source one for a while, but the only ones I've tracked down don't have any side marker lines on the image  - which is something that's overlayed in the camera.

In the past, I'm fairly sure that Carbon Car Systems and Chris Rogers have been able to supply similar, along with MFD integration if required (not relevant to GTT)