SAU Community

R33gtst ECU options

Griffin

I just picked up an r33 gtst that has an autronic smc computer fitted. It had little use though I'm unsure of the age of it or if they are still current.

Car had an rb2530 . I purchased it with no engine. I plan on putting my spare rb26 in.

Am I better off selling the autronic / loom and using a factory rb26 loom and ECU and going nistune or utilising the autronic.

Does anyone here know much about them? Or if I should sell how much I should ask for it?

Have a look at the MRM Racing forum that's hosted in Scandinavia somewhere, they have heaps of great info and a very helpful and active community.

Autronic's are fine once you get your head around the program, they just lack a lot of the more modern functions like Flex and and not needing a laptop from the dark ages. I ran one on a race car for years without any issues.

You can actually still get support for this ecu from Autronic,  it is still more then capable of doing the job.  If you do have to upgrade,  then go for the Adaptronic Modular range of ecu's,  they are very good.