SAU Community

RB25DET engine dies after hitting redline.

Hi all new to SAU ill try and be sweet, so i have a S2 rb25det, with a nistune ecu and Z32 AFM, 1000cc injecotrs, did have a recirc BOV but not on atm, if you need any more info on mods please ask, the main issue is, when i hit WOT and hit redline the car stalls and litterally turns off, ill then have to slow right down and pop the clutch to start it again, the car is currently running 14psi on 98, its got splitfires. Someone suggested that my intake pipe into my turbo is too big (4.5") - (GT35) and when the air snaps shut it overloads the airflow meter and causes it to freak out and it turns the car off.. i gues the airflow meter (Z32) is alot smaller than the intake pipe, but i have never heard of this before.. I'm really at my wits end with this problem and all i wanna do is drive it hard once in a while without it stalling and me looking like a clutz. Thanks guy

You perhaps need to explain what you mean by "hit the redline" and "turns off".  Does it hit your rev limiter and stall while the throttle is still open?  Or does it stop after you close the throttle for a gear change?

If the former, then god knows.  If the latter........it's reversion.  Put the recirc back on it or change to an R35 style AFM

• 3 months later...