SAU Community

Stacey's project page

UnicornStacey

First serious mod done to the wagon: RWD "conversion". The reason: the wheels I got for her apparently had a slightly different rolling diameter (3mm) and neither ATTESSA nor my transmission were too happy about that. Yes, i could have gone through the trouble (and money) to find matching tyres (current tyres: Falken Azenis FK453 in near imaculate condition) but I don't think the mrs would have liked that too much. Dropping the shaft was pretty straight-forward, although I did resort to a dremel for some stubborn bolts :)

Yes, that's in front of my house
No, I don't have a garage
Yes, it was -2 degrees Celcius

IMG_20180223_153841.jpg

IMG_20180223_133757.jpg

IMG_20180223_142530.jpg

IMG_20180223_153838.jpg

IMG_20180223_133801.jpg

IMG_20180223_160938.jpg

• Like 1

So, last night as i was driving home from work my 4wd lamp started flashing. I figured this is logical considering i dropped the front shaft in the weekend. Just a  bit strange that it's started flashing now and not right away. My theory is that the attessa pump or ecu is going haywire. Any thougts on this? What would completely removing the attessa system do?

• 3 weeks later...

Short clip of the wagon destroying a pair at the burnout contest last week. As you can see, lots of white smoke from the exhaust which tells me she's running really rich (because nissan....). I ordered a consult-bluetooth thing so I'll be testing that after the weekend. Next step would be an afr gauge/wideband sensor and some sort of AFC, although from what I've been reading lately it can get tricky considering she's an S1 auto...

VID-20180314-WA0002.mp4

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ben C34 said:

That's a decent effort.

What kind of wierd platform is that? Heaps different to Aussie burnout comps!

Yeah well considering she's completely stock and quiet as heck, yeah it was a pretty decent effort. It's my first time doing a burnout like that. Apparently that's how they do it here with the platform, might have something to do with safety or the fact that they (the racetrack owners) don't want their tarmac all ruined and stuff

Commentator is speaking Dutch so Netherlands or Belgium?

To OP; try disconnecting the switch to Attessa pump (see below) or you could just tape over the light! Have you pulled the 2 4wd fuses (one in the cabin fuse block behind the coin tray and one under the bonnet)?:

Locate the "air bleed" wire behind the drivers kick panel, it's a plug with a single wire either side (usually green socket, white plug).

In my S1 Stagea its a very small black plug taped to a loom with a single yellow wire with a green trace going to the plug and a single black wire going to the socket.

Disconnect it.

Start car. As key comes back to the ON position, within 10 seconds, depress brake pedal 5 times, 4WD light will start flashing to indicate you are in 2WD mode.

You need to do this every time you start the car.

To go back to 4WD mode, turn car off, reconnect plug and off you go.

And if you plan to do this a lot you can put a switch in somewhere.

15 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Commentator is speaking Dutch so Netherlands or Belgium?

To OP; try disconnecting the switch to Attessa pump (see below) or you could just tape over the light! Have you pulled the 2 4wd fuses (one in the cabin fuse block behind the coin tray and one under the bonnet)?:

Locate the "air bleed" wire behind the drivers kick panel, it's a plug with a single wire either side (usually green socket, white plug).

In my S1 Stagea its a very small black plug taped to a loom with a single yellow wire with a green trace going to the plug and a single black wire going to the socket.

Disconnect it.

Start car. As key comes back to the ON position, within 10 seconds, depress brake pedal 5 times, 4WD light will start flashing to indicate you are in 2WD mode.

You need to do this every time you start the car.

To go back to 4WD mode, turn car off, reconnect plug and off you go.

And if you plan to do this a lot you can put a switch in somewhere.

I'm living in the Netherlands, yes :)

I've not pulled the fuses (yet) so that's the first thing i'll try. The car is basically always in 2wd mode since the front shaft has been removed, just the ecu doesn't know that i guess..

If the fuse thing doesn't work i'll do the bleed thing :)

• 3 weeks later...

So, coming sunday i'll be going to a fellow wagoneer who's parting out his stagea. Gonna check out which parts i'll be taking, already made a list:

Tein Coilovers

Front Mount Intercooler

3" Turboback exhaust

Apexi Powerfilter

(R33) Gtr Brakes 

Question is now, what differences i'll feel (aside from a slightly stiffer ride and a louder exhaust) with these mods? Will there be a significant increase in performance? Will defintely get it tuned after the mods.

• 1 month later...

So, the time has come! I'll be picking up the above mentioned parts in the coming weeks :D

At the same time, i've been thinking out loud about doing a manual swap (surprise surprise). I've seen the writeup here and it's definitely insightful. However, i would like to stay the RWD route so instead of using a gtr box i'm considering a gtst box. Also, i'm pondering about what to do with the sump. I wanna believe that a rwd sump would fit, given i'd have to modify the oil pick up and drill/tap some holes. 

Anything else i need to keep in mind when going this route (aside from everything mentioned in the writeup of course)?