SAU Community

13 hours ago, GeeDog said:

The link in your post further up the page lists E90s - it shows as "E8x 1 series, E83 X3 and E9x 3 series" - thats the link I followed to get the page I linked.

My airbag was replaced a few months ago by BMW. Is your steering wheel a BMW supplied one?

Haha, can't believe I missed that. 

My car is not on the https://ismyairbagsafe.com.au/ site, but my steering wheel is an E90 "BMW Individual" one. 

11 hours ago, admS15 said:

I did the same and as in the screenshot i posted about 10 posts up, no skylines (all series) have been recalled and no Nissan prior to the year 2000.

2 hours ago, Kinkstaah said:

But that year 2000 series 2 steering wheel though... 

:/

It also says “no skylines (all series)”

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Bringing and old thread back, because I have new info.

We removed the airbags from a series 2 R33 GTST track car, and they are not Takata branded. Info printed on the inflators is "HERST. MORTON INTL, OGDEN USA" and "NISSAN MOTOR DEUTSHLAND Gmbh NEUSS."

A Google search for Morton International shows they made airbags in Utah, and a 1994 new item claims they had 60% of the worldwide airbag market at that time.

Make of this what you will, but the airbags in my car are (were) not Takata. 

The inflator on the steering wheel is a different model (but looks very similar) to the pair of inflators on the passgenger side airbag.

20200516_110031.jpg

20200509_160808.jpg