SAU Community

V36 350GT - Air-con , radio not working

Hello Guys 

I have had a issue with my V36 350gt Sedan radio screen has switched off and now i don't have the radio working and can't change the air-con .

The Car runs fine but no way of using the entertainment unit which is also connected to the aircon .

First i thought maybe the screen/monitor or the switches or the radio control box . i brought all three and replaced them and still no success .

The next step was i have taken it to my mechanic but he specializes  in European cars so all he could do for me was to advise me of the error code. 

BCM - DTC B2611 - ACC RELAY 

MVIMG_20180309_154857.thumb.jpg.1f47a3f9d29feb69ffaa3d07cd611893.jpg

I'm hoping one of you might be able to help find this relay and advise on how to replace it.

Cheers Pac.

Edited by Pac
reword

Checked the fuse in the cabin and engine bay not sign of the Acc Relay , its going to be somewhere inside , but it is hard to find.

Thanks for the help guys , i'll pass on the details when i get it checked out but it would be good know if anyone does know exactly where i can find this ACC relay. the G35 stuff kind of shows where it but i think it doesn't match the Japanese models.

Its been a while since i have been on SAU  and one thing that still strong with the group and helping each other out.

Had a look at that , there is a fuse box there so i'll look at it in more detail today  , but being that the infinity have the steering wheel on the other side i'm guessing it would be on the passenger side of the car.

Not necessarily. Wiring harnesses typically come in LHD and RHD flavours, so it's still very likely that those relays and fuses will be on the driver's side in your vehicle, as they are in mine when compared against the US G37 workshop manual.

• Thanks 1

Finally !! I found the Relay , right where you guys said it was but it wasn't in plain sight , the relays are attached to the back of the fuse unit .

Just in case someone else has this issue here a picture , now the next step to to find a replacement relay and lets hope that fixes it if not then its gonna be some work replacing the cable.

Thank you all for the help.

MVIMG_20180310_150315.jpg

MVIMG_20180310_150313.jpg

IMG_20180310_150329.jpg

MVIMG_20180310_151036.jpg

• Like 1

Exactly what Ben suggested. Swap with another one that's known to be working and see if it kicks in. Just don't pick a relay that disables anything else that the AV+A/C system would rely on, in accordance with the workshop manual.

If you know someone with access to a multimeter, just check the relay coil to be sure it's still in good working order (compared to another relay) and if it passes the resistance test, then feed the relay coil with a 12V power supply and check continuity between the contactors, as indicated on the diagram that's engraved into the relay. That way, you won't be wasting money on an expensive Nissan relay.

• Thanks 1

Great success! well not great but good , the radio, Bluetooth and screen have powered up but still nothing from front panel aircon and controls , but the steering wheel controls are working .

MVIMG_20180310_153955.jpg

MVIMG_20180310_154022.jpg

IMG_20180310_153906.jpg

Edited by Pac

Great News ! i got the aircon controls up now , i brought a spare air con control unit cover just in case if that unit was faulty just replaced it and everything is back online.

Thanks to all you  SAU members for the help .

MVIMG_20180310_161248.jpg

• Like 1

Worth a thought , but i'm too old to be doing that , back in my r34 days yeah but in the v36 i'm not sure if it suits it.

Edited by Pac