SAU Community

V36 350GT - Air-con , radio not working

58 minutes ago, Pac said:

Worth a thought , but i'm too old to be doing that , back in my r34 days yeah but in the v36 i'm not sure if it suits it.

No worries. You are now in the naughty corner and will not get any more help from anyone on the whole internet as a result of your choice. I dont make the rules so don't blame me.

Nick - No need to bite mate , i converted it about 2 weeks ago , but the GPS was acting up so i opened it up again and thats when the relay gave up on me , but now all its working.

Ben - Happy to be in the no hooning naughty corner but can yo at least not take away my support , its rough trying to work on this imports ..

Its the Xnavi unit from eBay , the guy selling it was really good her give a few directions and i figured it out after that , it took me about 2 hours to fit it properly and get it started.

I left the buttons in Japanese , since its not that heard to figure out what each one does  and it still leaves it with the JDM look , the only thing i wasn't able to connect with the wing mirror camera and the voice control  but the rest works.

I'm happy to help people with some guidance if they buy this unit on how its installed. 

I can't give up my side mirror camera. No doubt they're retrofitting USDM units.

So what are you doing with your old unit? Do you have to return it to them as a core exchange unit?

Max , the conversion harness does come with connection to the side camera but i just don't have the energy to run more cables though the car , plus i only have the v36 for another 2 months then i'll be selling it when the new car arrives .     I still have the old unit actual i have 2 of them now since i wasn't sure what was wrong with it when it switched off i had to buy the full set from a spare parts place , so now i have a spare box and the top cover and switches.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2018 at 5:55 PM, Pac said:

Its the Xnavi unit from eBay , the guy selling it was really good her give a few directions and i figured it out after that , it took me about 2 hours to fit it properly and get it started.

I left the buttons in Japanese , since its not that heard to figure out what each one does  and it still leaves it with the JDM look , the only thing i wasn't able to connect with the wing mirror camera and the voice control  but the rest works.

I'm happy to help people with some guidance if they buy this unit on how its installed. 

Im interested in this unit. do you have any details, maybe an ebay item number.  Was it on the Oz site or American?  Any other details you care to divulge would be interesting to know

thanks

On 21/03/2018 at 9:20 PM, YEE-HAA said:

Im interested in this unit. do you have any details, maybe an ebay item number.  Was it on the Oz site or American?  Any other details you care to divulge would be interesting to know

thanks

Mate the unit was for sale on USA ebay 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/172513428008

It comes posted Estonia so it can take a 3-4 weeks to be delivered and they don't seem to have many in stock. ( I think 3 left online at the moment) 

You will need to send pictures of you current unit in operation (screen) from my understanding that some units need a monitor as well and others just need the box.

It does cost around $990 US plus $50 delivery , so you are looking at around $1400 aus . ( My guess is the prices people quote around $2500 for conversion in Australia would be the unit maybe also the monitor , a couple of hours of work installing it plus markup for the installer ) 

It does take a bit of work getting it installed since the box it replaces does have slightly  different connections but the harness provided does help it and the seller does answer any questions you have on how to install the unit.

Hope this helps you with your conversion.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...