SAU Community

Replacing Coolant hoses on RB25DET R33 R34

The other week I had a little coolant hose blow on my S2 Stagea RB25DET NEO.

After replacing that hose (the little elbow behind the engine) I decided to replace all the coolant hoses.

I bought a seven piece kit coolant hose kit. It supposed to fit on R33 and R34 Skylines.

Has anyone fitted one of these?

Someone got some photos of the coolant hoses under the intake manifold etc?

Thanks in advance

Brendan

There's no easy way to do this job, just get to work pulling the manifold off. There are a bunch of photos all over various forums but seeing a photo of them doesn't make this job any easier.

The problem isn't finding the hoses, it's reaching them with tools.

Careful with the ebay kits, I believe the R33 and Neo hoses are different, I'm sure you can make it work but just keep it in mind.

Taking the manifold off that sounds a bit extreme, Hopefully I won't be needing to do that.

I thought there would be tons of information on doing this.

48 minutes ago, QLDR31 said:

Taking the manifold off that sounds a bit extreme, Hopefully I won't be needing to do that.

I thought there would be tons of information on doing this.

Sounds like you should make a guide on how to do it with the manifold on!

The two radiator hoses fit ok.

Radiator_Hoses_zpsvhpr9mht.jpg

This hose looks similar, but factory hard pipe is like 10mm while inside hose is like 16mm.

Thicker_Hose_zpsp9c1xn3e.jpg

I'm not sure about this hose, There is something similar, but about half as long. Maybe its a R33 hose?

Unknown_Hose_zpsivzh7w2m.jpg

I'm starting to think this kit is less than ideal.

Thanks for the awesome pic! Another pic focused on the other end would knock my socks off ;)

8 hours ago, GeeDog said:

The top radiator hose looks like it needs to be shortened, to take the kink out of it.

Man you must have super vision, but yeah there is a bit of a kink there.

I'm thinking of returning this kit if hardly anything fits.

One of the guys at work has a R33 GTS-T so I can check if some pipes fit his car. If they don't fit either they must be real crap.

4 hours ago, QLDR31 said:

Man you must have super vision, but yeah there is a bit of a kink there.

I wish - had the same issue a few years ago so it wasn't hard to see it in the photo. I cut the hose a bit shorter, and it has worked fine for 3 years or so. The hose kit we bought had 12 or more hoses, and I still haven't worked out where some of them go.

On 13/03/2018 at 4:50 PM, QLDR31 said:

Thanks for the awesome pic! Another pic focused on the other end would knock my socks off

This end? Ive only got a few pics of it at different stages of removal so i can work out what goes where  later. The other pics dont really show any more than these but are a bit more zoomed in on each section.

20171226_100500_resized.thumb.jpg.38c55fd690ecaaf41e56a3fc94d58190.jpg

On 3/13/2018 at 8:01 PM, GeeDog said:

I wish - had the same issue a few years ago so it wasn't hard to see it in the photo. I cut the hose a bit shorter, and it has worked fine for 3 years or so. The hose kit we bought had 12 or more hoses, and I still haven't worked out where some of them go.

Yeah the lower hose has a kink as well on the top elbow. Do you have details on where you bought the 12 hose kit from?

Thanks again for the pics NEO25T.

8 hours ago, QLDR31 said:

Do you have details on where you bought the 12 hose kit from?

They were from an ebay seller, but too long ago to shown in my account.

We bought the kit mostly for the radiator hoses, and fitted them and a couple of others when we got the kit. Have since fitted most of them when the engine was out - no way without either pulling the engine or the intake manifold. Still have a couple of hoses left over - no idea where they were supposed to go.

• 2 weeks later...

I returned the seven piece kit to Ebay seller automelray. I think this kit is just for R33.

Then bought a two hose R33/R34 GTS kit from Ebay seller ozcarjz. The kit fits perfect (no kinks ) except the hose is larger at the thermostat. I thought it was leaky because my thermostat was rough. So I bought a new Nissan one from Kudos Motorsport for $55 plus postage. But the hose is way too big at the Thermostat. So i'll prolly need to return that too :(. While the previous kit fitted ok with a couple of kinks.

Not sure if ill ever be back on the road.

• 9 months later...

I'm looking at doing this atm but have been putting it off for over 8 years because there is too much misinformation and bullshit...did you  have any luck, i mainly want to do the cooling hoses not so much the heater hoses but i'd do them all if i could find a near perfect kit.