SAU Community

Factory GTR kenwood stereo

Hi everyone, just got my gtr the other week and wanting to upgrade my stereo to be able to hook my phone up to play music. Ive got the original kenwood setup with the 5-cd stacker in the boot, is there any way anybody has installed an aftermarket stereo and kept the stacker in the boot, i just thing it looks cool and wanted to keep some sort of originality to it still. Cheers ✌

Um, stackers are the devil's work and come from a time when we didn't have any choice in how to get more music capacity into a car.  Take it out, wrap it in bubble wrap and enjoy the benefits of high bitrate MP3s in your new headunit. 

That's true.... at home.  On the phone, lack of storage makes it difficult to keep the full library.....and besides which, it's a fugging phone and phone headphones.  In the car....just as bad.  Not too many headunits play FLACs, and the audio environment is really not deserving of it.

If you want to keep it original looking, the old fashioned way was to use one of those headphone jack to radio transmitters (or bluetooth is also available nowadays)