SAU Community

Can’t get FPR to adjust

So just done ffp on my neo (greddy style) along with the fuel rail so I bought a sard fpr it’s a knock off. Trying to set it a at 43psi without vacuum but it won’t raise or lower fuel pressure. It’s static at about 39psi ? I have it setup like so :

tank>filter>fuel rail>fpr>return to tank. 

Anything i have missed or is it just a bad fpr? I know it’s a knockoff but it’s new and it should work? 

8996DC1D-F806-4D2F-B8EC-37CA0AEA542E.jpeg

Edited by r34.rory
Added pic

What fuel pump do you have?

What size is the return line?

Is there any kinks in the return line?

What size is the outlet of the reg?

Knock off regs is just asking for trouble. It’s kind of important.

On 12/04/2018 at 12:19 PM, inmaniac said:

Shouldn't use a knock-off for something so important, such as an item related to fuel delivery.

Trust me.. I only speak from experience 

Lol true.. I still have one fuel damper if that would even matter? the damper is about 3/4 inch after the return port on the fpr.

new fpr still not arrived so I went to have a look again.

11 hours ago, NEO25T said:

You havent got fuel going in the out port of the reg? Not sure if it would make a difference or not

Nah the outport is returning to tank. also tried another fpr and gauge and still can’t adjust either way !! wtf I’m f**king annoyed to say the least....

5 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Replace the pump since you have one and eliminate that as a problem. If your new fpr still doesn't show 43 psi get an adapter for your stocker and use that.

yeah I think I will swap the pump out. if no success I will get the stock fpr and try a gauge on it. 

Car was running fine before I changed the plenum. It’s sat for a couple months whilst doing so maybe the battery is weak I’ll check to voltage for the battery and the pump. What should the pump be getting do you know ?

Edited by r34.rory

On 17/04/2018 at 2:13 PM, GTSBoy said:

All the volts.

Put new pump in, the only difference now is the needle sits at around 3 bar but it’s fluctuating like mad and still won’t adjust pressure up or down ??

7 hours ago, r34.rory said:

It adjusts down and needle doesn’t fluctuate. Gets to 3 bar and doesn’t get any higher and fluctuates. what’s a good brand fpr? Malpassi any good? 

Nissan

Or if you want to spend more money  - Turbosmart or Tomei (but beware - lots of Tomei knock-offs around.