SAU Community

RB25 fan clutch + fan in a RB30

Hey again.

So I currently have a standard RB30 fan and it is crazy loud. I've heard that the design of the RB25 fan is superior and runs a lot quieter.

I am just wondering if the RB25 fan and fan clutch will bolt right up and fit without modification at all?

Edited by Lumia

It should.  The thing that matters is the 4 bolt holes on the water pump and the water pump on the RB30 is Nissan OEM the same as the RB20s & 25s.  You could check for yourself by posting up the dimensions of your RB30 bolt PCD and one of us could post up the dims from a 20/25 pump/hub.   I have one spare in the shed, for example.

But caution is warranted.  Your noise could just be because the clutch has seized and makes more noise than it should because the fan is locked on.  Simple seizure is not the only possible failure.  They can over-react to temperature too, locking up cooler than they should, leading to more noise.  My RB25's fan clutch is like that.  Sounds like a Navara or Patrol as soon as the weather gets hot, whereas my old RB20 clutch was fine (until it seized up and died altogether).