SAU Community

R32 help na to turbo

That car (chassis) was available with that engine so it's not a problem.  You will have to have the equivalent brakes on it, and it will have to be scrupulously roadworthy to pass Regency if it needs to go over the pits.  If it hasn't been rego'd here before, you will need to make an application for the modification, get an ID inspection and then get the tech inspection.  So make sure it is the right height, lights, horn, demister, wipers and all that shit works.  Make sure seatbelts aren't frayed, chassis rails are not dented, rust is not present in the chassis, numberplates are not modified, oil is not leaking, dampers are not leaking, tyres are good, wheels are not stupid size (so track is within limits) suspension arms aren't illegal, exhaust is quiet enough, door lock striker rubber covers are present, tyre placard is present and correct, ECU is standard (for that engine), emissions controls are present and working, windscreen is in good condition, tint is not too dark......um, have I forgotten anything?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Yeah, I presumed that the pic was of some other car, because of the F. Ikeya arms.
    • Did a little bit this afternoon and pulled the dump and turbo off so I could take the mani off to clean it up and give it a few coats of paint. Wire wheeled what I could get to and then got the sand paper out to get the tight spots. Gave it one coat so far, will do another two tomorrow and see if I can fit it in the oven to bake it for an hour along with the adapter and dbw.  Hoping the exhaust wrap I ordered turns up soon so I can wrap the dump and screamer. Ordered 30M so I'll wrap back as far as I can to help a little with temp next to the box and also the floorpan. 
    • Yeah I think overall I’m running the expected power I should be running for now and I’ll just enjoy it for the time being until I get some other parts. Thanks for the advice mate I appreciate it!
    • That's fair enough.  Might be time to just enjoy what you have until you sort the ecu/flex sensor situation. You can pretty much guarantee that you are knock limited and e85 is going to be the solution to more power. 
    • He didn’t provide that info to me but I think I’m on standard timing. And no we don’t have e85 on the petrol stations here but it’s widely available here from shops. I’m just planning on getting a better ecu before switching to e85