SAU Community

R33 GTS-T Performance Chip

Hey, This is my first post here and i was just wondering about this performance chip i found it seemed alot cheaper than having a new ECU put in and Tuned & with it being so much cheaper i have started to wonder if its legitimate or if its just a giant scam (leaning more towards scam)

I was just wondering if any of you had any experience with this company or similar products and if so with the similar products would you recommend them?

https://havokengineering.com/products/havok-engineering-r33-rb25det-ecu-upgrade-chip-for-the-r33-ecu

edit:

I drive a Japanese Import R33 GTS-T (Not sure if it makes a difference)

Edited by heartless

PowerFC is a relatively cheap & easy way to put an ECU into an R33.  It is VERY old tech now though.  If you want modern tech, then ANY other aftermarket ECU is miles better.  Haltech, Link and so on usually do plug in models for Skylines, making them just as easy to install.  Costs a bit more than a PFC usually though.

Nistune is still my preferred way to go about it for a stockish street car.  Use an R32 ECU with Nistune board and set up for R33, for less money than the above options.  It's still old tech, but it's OEM old tech which is still very good for running a dirty old RB, and it look standard so it's one less thing to get defected for.

And Nistune, although "old" still supports flex, reverse flex, launch control and very rudimentary engine protection such as cutting RPM when coolant temp is exceeded, OR cutting fuel when the TP Load limit is breeched.

PFC (for me personally, this is my personal opinion) should be a last option.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Birds said:

Think we need to know more about OPs setup before recommending ECUs. You could end up wasting a lot of money otherwise...

I think OP needs to do some research as all ECU options are continuously discussed at length

On 17/04/2018 at 6:58 PM, heartless said:

Didn't think so just wanted to double check thought it seemed a bit dodgy has anyone got any experience with a https://www.nengun.com/apexi/power-fc-new-el-hand-controller 

if so are they any good/would you recommend?

I used a secondhand power fc, is a good option on a budget build.  If you have lots of $$ then go a haltech...