SAU Community

Light bulbs

Nic_H98

10 hours ago, Nic_H98 said:

One of my headlight bulbs has blown. What kind of lightbulb do I need?

While I'm not usually one to be a smart arse with new members, you haven't even told us the car model/year let alone the actual headlight (high/low beam). This is a ridiculous question.

57 minutes ago, PranK said:

While I'm not usually one to be a smart arse with new members, you haven't even told us the car model/year let alone the actual headlight (high/low beam). This is a ridiculous question.

Yeah Sorry man. Hahah it’s a 2000 er34 sedan. Stock headlights, so low beam I assume... can o replace the bulb. Or do I need a new headlight all togeather?

Edited by Nic_H98

Bulb.  I shall also refrain from saying passively aggressive nasty things.  But really, this should be obvious.  Have you even opened the bonnet to see?  Dammit, I failed at avoiding saying passively aggressive things.  Oh well.

There are 2 types, Xenon or Halogen, both take different bulbs.

1. Google image search R34 Xenon
  2. Google image search R34 Halogen
  3. Pick the one which looks like your car
  4. Google search R34 Xenon/Halogen Bulb and traul some forums then buy a bulb.

Alternatively, take the bulb out, take the bulb to an auto parts store and ask for 1 (or 2) of this one please.

Asking questions is fine mate - but as a rule of thumb (and life) try applying some logic, and doing the first and most rudimentary steps first.

Your question contained no substance, and basically zero effort was put in by you.

Did you even look at your headlight? Did you try and take the bulb out? If you couldn't do that, why are you asking in the first place?

Not trying to be a dick mate, people are willing to help if you at least try to help yourself.