SAU Community

V35 rb26 conversion

Hey fellas,

Just recently joined on this, and I need a bit of input.

At this very point I am getting a rb26 built to slap in my 2005 v35. Has anyone on here undergone this ? Please educate me if so. On what I may face during this swap over, and what I can do to eliminate any hiccups.

thank you in advance 

Google it. There's a few builds around, mostly from early 2000's when V35/G35 was newer.

Everyone seems to completely agree it's a waste of time and money.

What would the car be used for? Would you be doing all the work yourself?

• Thanks 1

Well you can turbo the original engine. But compression on it is always different to get it up and running you’re looking at about 8 plus thousand. So I don’t get the idea of being cheaper! 

The RB 26/30 doing all the internals on the bottom end, custom plenum on the head.

fabricating new engine mounts 

Slight fabs for the gear box 

computer/tune 

12g 

With the work that’s getting done I’m looking about 400kw on the rear.

trust me guys not much more expensive then turbo charging the vq35dett engine 

Edited by Ali

@Leroy Peterson as I stated in my initial post, has anyone undergone this process to there v35. I am just starting this process now. I never asked for help just wanted to know if anyone on here has done it.  

My Brother and I, are doing it. 

@Ben C34 Sydney Australia. Setting it up for the quarter mile & street car 

3.5L > 2.6 L.
More sense would be to swap in VQ37HR + boost.
well if you going to make such an effort. Why not a VK45DE.

2 minutes ago, ADDSKI said:
On 4/20/2018 at 9:20 AM, GTSBoy said:
3.5L > 2.6 L.
More sense would be to swap in VQ37HR + boost.

Well, now we're talking about choosing between a much more modern all alloy V6 that is more likely to fit into the engine bay, or a vintage all iron low performance V8 that is likely to be too long, too heavy, too wide.......

Well, now we're talking about choosing between a much more modern all alloy V6 that is more likely to fit into the engine bay, or a vintage all iron low performance V8 that is likely to be too long, too heavy, too wide.......
You can't be serious. Annihilate all. Watch old yes and no.https://youtu.be/dE76eJjVIac.
To be honest V35 wheelbase platform has far far greater capabilities and stability than any Rb26 could ever offer

You can't be serious. Annihilate all. Watch old yes and no.https://youtu.be/dE76eJjVIac.
To be honest V35 wheelbase platform has far far greater capabilities and stability than any Rb26 could ever offer
They are all alloy engine, that produce 254kw as base. Nismo racing in Super Gt series opt for this motor over the Nissan Gtr VR38DETT.....OH YES YOU CAN MAKE IT FIT.

1 hour ago, ADDSKI said:

There has been some with VK56DE (at least in a 350Z), but it is very tight fit and no space left for turbo charging.

I suspect you could extra better performance with a boosted VQ37 than an NA VK, as well as being easier to fit.

There has been some with VK56DE (at least in a 350Z), but it is very tight fit and no space left for turbo charging.
I suspect you could extra better performance with a boosted VQ37 than an NA VK, as well as being easier to fit.
Yeah I just thought the original idea wouldn't be worth doing. So just through in the idea of VK45DE

Sent from my SGP611 using SAU Community mobile app

1 hour ago, ADDSKI said:
1 hour ago, ADDSKI said:

They are all alloy engine, that produce 254kw as base. Nismo racing in Super Gt series opt for this motor over the Nissan Gtr VR38DETT.....OH YES YOU CAN MAKE IT FIT.

Sorry, was thinking VH with the iron block thingo.  But nevertheless, 254kW from 4.5L is not strong.  VQ37VHR makes essentially the same stick from just over 80% of the capacity.