SAU Community

Should I save it or move on?

yaze

Hi guys,

In need of some expert/experienced opinions, It's a 1990 r32 gts4 that I purchased, I have liked skylines for a long time now and decided it was time to buy one, I was in over my head when I purchased this. What should I do? I've been offered 1k for it, i think i might try to get him up a bit but it won't get anything past 2k on a good day. Passion has gone and no where permanent to store it until I can give a shit again. It's killed my enthusiasm for cool/fast cars.

Problems:

• no driveline
  • no interior
  • no diff
  • full respray would be needed
  • rust piece near rear window
  • Has a piece of metal overlapping a part of the frame which looks dodgy
  • paid too much for it, needs almost everything replaced

If I do get another skyline I'll be hunting for a perfect condition one from a SAU member. Pics attached.

IMG_20180425_084537.jpg

14474104_143410529454053_53635345434017792_n.jpg

xIMG_20180424_122846.thumb.jpg.15fe1b29efdaffe564b7732cefb6bb56.jpg.pagespeed.ic.hcpkYwkOWe.jpg

You've answered your own question. The love has gone - just cut your losses and don't buy another car until you can afford one that doesn't require a fortune to fix ...in fact do you really want a project or do you just want a car you can drive?

• Like 1

You sound like you've made up your mind. I'd push it and see how much this guy will give you for it but if you're burnt out now I'd just move it on.

If it was a GTR Shell then I'd possibly consider storing and keeping it till you're motivated due to the value simply getting out of control but not a GTS4 - Time to make it someone else's problem tbh.

2 hours ago, Jordy32 said:

You sound like you've made up your mind. I'd push it and see how much this guy will give you for it but if you're burnt out now I'd just move it on.

If it was a GTR Shell then I'd possibly consider storing and keeping it till you're motivated due to the value simply getting out of control but not a GTS4 - Time to make it someone else's problem tbh.

+1

57 minutes ago, mlracing said:

Junk it, what happened to the rear guards lol

Someone widened them, idk why. It looks worse in person, ruins the lines of the car.

12 hours ago, Jordy32 said:

It seems like way too much work even as is, i've been offered 1250 for it and i took it because it needs a lot of work and the bloke who's bought it owns GTRs so he should be able to get it fixed and on the road/track again. He will take me for a drive in it when hes got it up and running so thats a plus for me if he remembers. But after you saying the 34 is nicer/newer i'll probably aim for a clean 34 tbh.

12 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

You've answered your own question. The love has gone - just cut your losses and don't buy another car until you can afford one that doesn't require a fortune to fix ...in fact do you really want a project or do you just want a car you can drive?

I was looking for an easy project but I was in over my head after really thinking about it, i'll be aiming for a driving car that's stock or close to stock next time, I really wanted a car thats clean, stock and runs well that I can throw mods at instead of repairs.

• 2 months later...

Agreed. If the passion still there for this kind of car, then make it as a project. But you have some hesitation as due to the condition needed to work in the car, then i must say... move on as the passion is not the same. :)