SAU Community

Hi all,

I’m planning on chucking an rb25de series 2 package in my 1992 gts r32. It comes with loom ecu etc but I was wondering if I would still need to change anything around to accomodate for the different series engine. I’m currently running... well was running an rb25de series 0. 

Cheers ?

55 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Depends on what you swap.  Alternator wiring and other connections to body side looms will likely have differences.  All the mechanical connections, mounted, etc, are same same I think.

So even if I got the engine loom with it it wouldn’t be as easy as swapping the engine looms around and chucking the new engine in? What if I used the old alternator from my series 0?

You could do that, which is the sort of thing I meant by "depends on what you swap".  Would seem stupid to put 10 year older alternator back in just to save having to do some wiring/termination changes.

When I put RB25 Neo into my R32, we took the R34 loom an made the necessary changes to it to connect to the body side loom (you know, fuse box, starter, gearbox, etc) where there were differences, even before we pulled the RB20 out.

Edited by GTSBoy
  • Thanks 1

People have been putting NEO6 into R31s for years, shouldn't be too hard to put them into R32. Get wiring diagrams for both, compare, plan changes, do what GTSBoy did, throw the engine in and rip skids on your driveway/local skidpan.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Currently working through swapping a series 2 rb25det into a r32.  I used the full r33 engine and transmission harness for the swap, I had to repin two plugs on the trans harness and currently working on the body harness plugs in the passenger footwell.  If you are still working on your swap I would be glad to share what i have done so far.