SAU Community

Hello there fellas. So I bought these turbos awhile back they are 2560s with gtx blades on them. I put them in and I'm blowing oil smoke every once and awhile when I bring the revs up. So I'm going to pull them out and put restrictors on them. 

Sorry for not explaining more I will fill in more blanks when I'm off work. But as much as I like the single look, I really enjoy the stock look. Ive had the car for a couple years now and i got it bone stock with a little over 50k on it. Shooting for a vary Street able daily driver. I'll also put a list of mods and I have in boxes and on the car later. 

Even with twins, you'll get fisted for height, noise, emissions, tint, aftermarket suspension bits, blah blah blah..

Just go single, quiet exhaust, make everything black and never worry about 1 out of 2 of your turbos blowing seals or exploding. Also you'll have better heat management going single.

No emissions here?. You guys are braking my Hart... I spent so much time and finger skin putting this together. Not to mention the parts I've collected. Being Nismo Maf's Tomei headers HKS dumps Greddy down pipe ARC intake.

• Haha 1

Wouldn't it still be cheaper to re-build the -5 turbos and fit all the parts you have up?  Unless you are buying a second hand single kit with turbo, manifold, fabricated dump pipe, the process will set you back anywhere from $10-15K in parts + labour,  where as rebuilding the -5s will set you back $1500 and fitting everything you have up will probably cost $2-3K depending where you go.

Well supposedly the turbos we're freshly done before I got them. What my theory is maybe they need restrictors sense they are only supposed to see 45psi oil pressure and I believe the stock RB26 hits around 60psi at 4k rpm? But I could be wrong. If anyone with experience could share there experiences that would be nice.

Ditch the MAF and go to a MAFless setup, too many issues with modified cars and MAFs, yes they're "better" at calculating airflow, etc. but it's not worth the headache.

MAP sensor, IAT is pretty much all you need, if you're a little bit more cluey then barometer sensor (convert the onboard MAP sensor to it and run an external 4 bar) is good too, but generally most street cars/weekend circuit cars are at sea level.

Indeed I must note to I'm only looking to push a little over 400hp on these stock internals. And I just got a full set of braided lines with the restrictors because F#$@! Those stock copper line never again!!!.