SAU Community

Climate Control Pipe

Lozzzah

Anyone know what’s meant to happen with this pipe. I know that the connector for the rear passenger foot wells is missing but I don’t know what’s up with this pipe and where it goes. My climate control has been blowing hot air since I got the car, so is it where the climate control thermometer goes?

353BFDDF-0362-41BC-8D58-68FD27AE7D71.jpeg

There's a small slotted vent in the dash.  The image you show is for R32.  The vent is in the lower right of the radio/air-con surround on those.  The temp sensor is in a plastic fitting behind that, connected to a hose that goes back to that inlet on the A/C.  You can see it in the top right corner of your first image.  27054M.  27621E.  The wiring loom to the sensor is not shown.

38 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

There's a small slotted vent in the dash.  The image you show is for R32.  The vent is in the lower right of the radio/air-con surround on those.  The temp sensor is in a plastic fitting behind that, connected to a hose that goes back to that inlet on the A/C.  You can see it in the top right corner of your first image.  27054M.  27621E.  The wiring loom to the sensor is not shown.

So the thermostat goes in the ends of the pipe which is in the lower left side of my photo? And what do you mean by the vent is in the lower right of the radio/air-con? The last owners took the ac pump out of the car so I don’t know what exactly I am missing ? what would I need if I were to reinstall the whole ac set up back into the car?

Another thing is even when I turn off the whole climate control I’m still getting hot air blown around but I can still change where it gets blown to so I’m guessing it’s doesnt have anything to do with the actuators. What do you think could be the course for that too? Here are a couple photos of under my dash too. 

F9C9C681-FC19-4C06-A645-F203D7435E53.jpeg

7195EA3B-79A7-4204-AE43-1389A6123756.jpeg

15E9E04F-5432-4651-ADD2-65685DA7D9CA.jpeg

D4D39895-14DF-447B-A0AB-BB427F0E1F3D.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lozzzah said:

And what do you mean by the vent is in the lower right of the radio/air-con?

I said "radio/air-con surround".  The removable dash trim that goes around all the stuff in the centre of the dash.

As to where the temp sensor connects to.....if you can see the hose and sensor in the top right corner of the pats image you posted, and can see a spot on your climate control/heater module where a ~1/2" plastic hose would connect, then that's where it goes.  It is quite likely that it is the connection in your first photo.....but let's face it, how am I going to have a mental image of what that looks like 1/2 stripped apart.  I've only ever seen it looking at it upside down with everything still installed.

As to the hot air.....either the climate control computer can't cope with having half of its inputs (ie the internal temp sensor) not connected or the hot water tap is stuck open.  Either of these are quite likely.

As to whether you can ever make the system work again....who's to say?  Just about any little or large part of it might be broken or missing, including wiring. All we can do is wish you luck.