SAU Community

First R34 with Carbon ceramic disc?

$10k worth of discs?  Where's the value?  I'm assuming that they will be going back onto the Audi and not actually being used on the track, right?  You do realise that all the Audi/Merc/Porsche owners with ceramic brakes take them off for track work, or even for street work, then put them back on to sell the car with?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

$10k worth of discs?  Where's the value?  I'm assuming that they will be going back onto the Audi and not actually being used on the track, right?  You do realise that all the Audi/Merc/Porsche owners with ceramic brakes take them off for track work, or even for street work, then put them back on to sell the car with?

thumbs up to GToFuS-T. being first worth every cents.

besides we work with AutoRacing Technik. we get our pads custom made, not going to get ripped from euro car makers.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, niZmO_Man said:

Got some spare rotors? Price of those?

got a set of 355 rotors with 4 pots genuine ferrari brakes with adapter available. if interested. for skylines and silvias. M12 bolts. but in steel tho.

$2k for the whole setup.

Edited by godsmind

A gentleman with an incredible NISMO spec build fitted some to his car approx March 2016, I don't want to steal his thunder but it is here (along with the rest of the build - definitely not works safe, incredible car!).

Interested to know your thoughts regarding performance, etc. I don't believe ALL cars that have them stock take them off!

Thanks for the info. Being first in Aus isnt too bad either..i guess:D

Nice nismo built for sure. With performance, it certainly alot lighter than steel discs. yet to find out what is is like and temp range with the custom pads. Not sure if ALLLL cars take them off buddy, certainly the people i know have them on all the time.

Edited by godsmind

Just went through the previous photos. i believe the discs they used are too big, the 35gtr caliper are too small for the disc. the pistons arent really pushing to the center of the pad/disc. Unless i am looking it wrongly?? here with pics of the two setup vs stock. can see there is a big gap between the edge of the caliper and the center hub. As well as the excess material of the pad. guess the pads will be pushed in in an angle causing uneven wear and poor braking performance. Everyone's thought?

0001413_nissan_r35_alcon_racing_380mm_rear_discs.jpeg.67a58222902e124d91606193b976b03c.jpeg5af386709b4a6_canadacarbondisc.jpg.d5b95af58ae480975fe080870934dd79.jpg5af386718e07e_nismobuilt.jpg.949b21f7519b105dd7aae219a6680a94.jpg

Just went through the previous photos. i believe the discs they used are too big, the 35gtr caliper are too small for the disc. the pistons arent really pushing to the center of the pad/disc. Unless i am looking it wrongly?? here with pics of the two setup vs stock. can see there is a big gap between the edge of the caliper and the center hub. As well as the excess material of the pad. guess the pads will be pushed in in an angle causing uneven wear and poor braking performance. Everyone's thought?
0001413_nissan_r35_alcon_racing_380mm_rear_discs.jpeg.67a58222902e124d91606193b976b03c.jpeg5af386709b4a6_canadacarbondisc.jpg.d5b95af58ae480975fe080870934dd79.jpg5af386718e07e_nismobuilt.jpg.949b21f7519b105dd7aae219a6680a94.jpg

Fitment of caliper and pads on the rotors doesn't look right.

42 minutes ago, vxsr33 said:
On 5/10/2018 at 9:08 AM, godsmind said:
5af386718e07e_nismobuilt.jpg.949b21f7519b105dd7aae219a6680a94.jpg

Fitment of caliper and pads on the rotors doesn't look right.

That's what happens when they're not really fitted - just sat for e-fame photo op.