SAU Community

Nolathane or Superpro

Im looking to put all new rubbers in the front end of the 32 as it is getting a new engine so thought i would while its all out.

ive looked around and have two options that ive found, nolathane or superpro

Whos has used each?

Recommendations?

Price etc?

I've used, and have seen mates use superpro with no problems, they also seem fairly priced.

I'm planning on using superpro in the front end of my 34 when the time comes too.

Well, yeah.  Superpro is pretty much the default choice.

Look up my recentish posts on the topic of the GKTech FUCAs.  Worth a look at, even if they aren't road legal.  Urethane bushes in the stock Nissan 32 FUCAs arre not great.  Same same with using rose joints on the caster rods, rather than urethane bushes in the stockers.  I posted years and years ago about how much better they were.  If you were to do those things, then the only remaining bushes in the front end are the lower control arms and the ARBs.

I've been running just about every superpro bush since 2012. Control arms, castor, steering rack etc. While they're fine and have been silent, if you can simply put in a new adjustable item with new bushes, do that. Don't bother replacing the bushes.

2 hours ago, Adz2332 said:

whiteline do just the replacement bushes also?

i'm pretty certain whiteline and nolathane are same company (Redranger Pty Ltd). I have some whiteline, some nolathane, some superpro across the car...can't say I see a difference, just the different design you may prefer between manufacturers, eg, diff bushes. Urethane bushes have been around that long I'd be surprised if either company had some miracle advantageous compound over that of their competitor...but still charge a similar price for their product. I'd use whichever you can get cheapest.

Although as above, might be better to just spend a little more and get whole new adjustable arms, and some bushes are better rosejointed.

hmmmm....I saw a pair of gtech upper arms snapped at the welds just last week. the car looked hard to drive after that. I suspect there is no good option for 32 upper arms, maybe the nismo brackets are the best idea.

I did run nolathene bushes back in the day, pretty sure they went broke and got bought our like Andy said. They worked fine but degraded quickly over time, they only lasted 1-2 seasons before needing re-doing which was a PITA to do again.

Hmm. I flogged out the trailing upper front bush in one track day. It was a white line. Thing that fixes it is moving the pick up point for that link.

Do the super pro bushes have pigtails for grease retention. The photos don't appear to show them. Or are they all the same? The nolathane bushes are dimensionally the same as the Whiteline bushes.

If your OEM ones are flogged out just replace them with OEM or Nismo.

Wouldn't waste my time with short duration cheap plastic stuff unless you like pulling it down a lot.

4 hours ago, Duncan said:

hmmmm....I saw a pair of gtech upper arms snapped at the welds just last week. the car looked hard to drive after that. I suspect there is no good option for 32 upper arms, maybe the nismo brackets are the best idea.

I did run nolathene bushes back in the day, pretty sure they went broke and got bought our like Andy said. They worked fine but degraded quickly over time, they only lasted 1-2 seasons before needing re-doing which was a PITA to do again.

That's not really what I wanted to hear about the GK-Tech uppers.  I'm going to have to cross my fingers and hope, because I'm not going back to stock arms.

The recommendation for stock arms is all well and good, but if you need to correct camber you're up shit creek with the stockers.  That's the reason that I put (originally) Whiteline and then at least 2 sets of Superpro in the front of my car over the years.  Even with grease nipples added (I added them myself in ~2002) the bushes take a beating.

I might have to modify my spare brackets to Nismo spec and try with new urethanes in my adjustable stockers if I break a GK-Tech arm. 

well the good news is my upper arm bushes have been lasting twice as long (you know 3-4 weekends instead of 1-2) since I move the LCA mouting points outwards 20mm. Its definitely a 30 year old geometry issue.

9 hours ago, Meathead said:

If your OEM ones are flogged out just replace them with OEM or Nismo.

Wouldn't waste my time with short duration cheap plastic stuff unless you like pulling it down a lot.

Who sells OEM?