SAU Community

R32 Gtr attesa 4wd randomly doesn’t want to work now...

Hi fellas

My cars been off the road for about 4/5weeks as I broke my gearbox selector so gearbox was getting refreshed 

while I was waiting for it to come back I looked into removing and replacing the nitrogen canister, while I was unscrewing it I noticed it unscrewed in half ! I never knew they were a 2 piece item, anyways the other bit that screws into the attesa pump assembly was super tight so I put it back together 

now that the box is back in I went to bleed the attesa system with fresh Nissan matic d, and I can’t get the pump to prime !

ive disconnected the white plug in drivers kick panel, cracked the bleed nipple on both the pump and near transfer case and it basically just dribbles out without the pump working 

no error codes on attesa ecu 

I started the car and jumped under and cracked the nipple still no luck

fuses are good

i by passed the attesa relay in the boot and the pump worked fine for 10 seconds but then started making a different high pitched squeel 

while the pump was going I jumped under and still nothing from bleed nipples

can anyone shed some light on what I can do next 

did me separating the nitrogen canister cause this issue as it was working fine before it came off the road ?

i got a known working attesa ecu and relay from a mates Gtr I will try tomorow and report back

any help would be much appreciated !!

Edited by SiR_RB

So I found the issue 

my pressure sensor next to nitrogen canister had a cut wire, that’s why the attesa ecu wouldn’t turn the pump on as it thiught it had max line pressure

all fixed now and also installed a new nitrogen canister, and full bleed with Nissan matic d

all I can say is 4wd has never worked so well before !!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Out of curiosity how did you get the other part of the canister off the car? I also had the unscrewing in half problem (although i realised before I completely unscrewed it) which i thought would be pretty dangerous if the canister actually had pressure in it, why wouldn't you make it a left hand thread if it had to be 2 piece, anyway I machined up a giant socket to remove the whole thing as one piece

• 3 weeks later...