SAU Community

"Hei" (hello) from Norway

Tomzern

Hi guys!

I am a 29 year old guy from Norway.

I have owned my Datsun 240Z since early 2013 and for the last couple of years I have been working on an L31 stroker for it. This project has been an expensive pain in the ass, and I just recently decided to sell the engine and choose the RB path instead.

I have just sold the stroker, and bought myself a couple of RB20's (Got them very cheap, couldn't resist) and a tranny, wiring and everything. 

When I started googling my questions about the RB I stumbled upon these forums, so I thought it would be smart to become a member here?

I'll leave a picture of my baby here as well☺️

Best regards,

Tomzern

18278337_10158671553585319_1548018408649161218_o.jpg

Edited by Tomzern
  • Like 2

Hi Tomzern

Nice looking Z

On the face of it an RB20 is too small for your Z (although at least its not as heavy as the 260).  If its all you have then with a decent turbo and a bit of work it shouldn't be too sluggish and it can sound the part anyway!

Good luck

• Like 1

Hi Kiwi,

Thanks! :)

Well, actually it is a big bore Rb20, so it's a 2,26L, with forged pistons and some other nice bits. I made a topic about it in the RB section.

I think it will work very well in the Z, as it is a very small and light car (around 1060kg), and the sound is half the fun. I'm hoping for high rpm figures :D