• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Yep, you need to set the pump up with a dial indicator and re-dowel as Mitchum has said. Obviously you don't go to these lengths for a basic rebuild.

Car was running on the dyno yesterday but ran out of turbo pretty early so had to stop it at 5k rpm as the EMAP was off the charts. I'll post a log over the weekend of rpm vs oil pressure

4 hours ago, Komdotkom said:

Car was running on the dyno yesterday but ran out of turbo pretty early so had to stop it at 5k rpm as the EMAP was off the charts. I'll post a log over the weekend of rpm vs oil pressure

Looking forward to that.  Would be cool if you can post up learnings/logs in an appropriate thread for EMAP/IMAP too!

I mounted dial indicators on the north/south and east/west angles.. loosely mounted the oil pump and moved it upwards downwards side to side etc.. to see the total clearance in each direction.. then split the clearance and tightened pump down..

On 10/12/2018 at 1:29 PM, Dale FZ1 said:

Looking forward to that.  Would be cool if you can post up learnings/logs in an appropriate thread for EMAP/IMAP too!

I didn't get the car back on Friday as expected, they are going to finish the dash config on Monday so I should have it back on Wednesday.

I'm going to have a chat with my local Motec boffin about some strategies to get it working more effectively. I can run a couple of comp tables to compare EMAP/IMAP/Turbine speed and EGT, I think I'll have to pull out a fair whack of timing at higher RPM as the EMAP gets out of control. The engine has fairly high dynamic comp to work with E85 and doesn't take much timing on 98.

I'm limited by the class of racing that I'm doing to using 'standard' housings. Obviously you can highflow but the 21u housing is choking the shit out of things and has zero ability to regulate boost so I've got some fairly radical plans for the turbine housing. Car made good power on 98. It's an RB20 (Roy would love it).

With the dial indicators, my engine builder setup two at 90 degrees to each other and measured the movement in the pump housing from the centreline then very slowly did up the bolts while keeping the pump housing centred using a nylon hammer and some love taps. 

Edited by Komdotkom
  • Like 1