SAU Community

Atessa bleeding with vacuum pump

oxford1327

I am looking to replace the Atessa system fluid and wondering if I can use a vacuum bleeding pump setup to flush system from front to back or vice versa? Then do standard air pressure bleed if required? 

And yes I have searched and found the standard ways to do it with powering pump etc, but looking for one man operation options. 

Other thought is whether system cycles every start up I could vacuum out reservoir and wipe etc, then put fresh fluid in every couple of weeks until it's reasonably diluted to an acceptable OCD level ha ha ha ha ha ha.? 

Hit me up with options peoples.. Then once this has been achieved I'll do the diffs  and transfer cases 

no need mate, as long as the pump is running it will bleed the system. It's not like brake or clutch where the pressure comes from a pedal being pressed.

If you want to run it long enough to flush all the fluid through just keep an eye on the reservoir and refill it as you go

6 minutes ago, Duncan said:

no need mate, as long as the pump is running it will bleed the system. It's not like brake or clutch where the pressure comes from a pedal being pressed.

If you want to run it long enough to flush all the fluid through just keep an eye on the reservoir and refill it as you go

Okey dokey, I just thought it has several bleeding points so it might need to be pressure bled so to speak, and therefore deduced the vacuum method might have bypassed the airlock bit of the process 

yeah there are 2 bleed points but they are both downstream of the pump obviously. just crack the one above the rear driveshaft first and then do the one at the rear of the transfer case once the first is done.

I don't think I've heard of anyone having trouble with an attessa bleed unless they either had a problem with the system, or they didn't notice the bleeder above the rear driveshaft