SAU Community

SVM Round 1 - Metec June 23rd

acsplit

Thanks Birds, there was a lot of steering with throttle haha. Might make a dash kit or something one day but it's a lot of work. 
Can you give a rundown of how you made it? Pretty keen to learn how to do it.

On 6/26/2018 at 6:36 PM, hot richard said:
On 6/25/2018 at 7:47 PM, naga said:
Thanks Birds, there was a lot of steering with throttle haha. Might make a dash kit or something one day but it's a lot of work. 

Can you give a rundown of how you made it? Pretty keen to learn how to do it.

Might do a write up one day. Basically, i gutted out the cluster and put in an arduino mega2560, this handles frequency counting for RPM and speed, analogue digital conversions for boost, fuel, water, oil pressure etc. I did a lot of data logging to work out the conversion from voltages into temps,pressures. The arduino sends the data to a raspberry pi 3 which has a script i wrote using python which basically collects the serial data from the arduino and moves needles, displays numbers. Took about 6 months because i didn't know anything about python or raspberry pis before this.

• Like 1

Sweet. Thanks for that. Sounds very interesting

Might do a write up one day. Basically, i gutted out the cluster and put in an arduino mega2560, this handles frequency counting for RPM and speed, analogue digital conversions for boost, fuel, water, oil pressure etc. I did a lot of data logging to work out the conversion from voltages into temps,pressures. The arduino sends the data to a raspberry pi 3 which has a script i wrote using python which basically collects the serial data from the arduino and moves needles, displays numbers. Took about 6 months because i didn't know anything about python or raspberry pis before this.

Could you make them without needing to do it on someones car? I reckon if you could, could easily sell them for like $600-800 if they just bolt in. 

I guess the problem then would be if there's any issues you'd have people shitting you with phone calls :D 

Edited by UNR33L

4 hours ago, Bass Junky said:

That Cleo is super quick though!

its pretty stock, just coil overs and brake pads and running on re003 tyres

just weather better suited to a light weight fwd car, the starlet shows that

Also has a tune and quaife lsd

its pretty stock, just coil overs and brake pads and running on re003 tyres
just weather better suited to a light weight fwd car, the starlet shows that

All good. He drove the pants off it. I was surprised how confident in the wet he was with it.
Well deserved win

sorry, you are correct it does have an lsd and a (generic) tune

1 hour ago, Bass Junky said:

My only gripe is that section that rips front bars off....  Would need to be changed for next time.

Also the reason that we made sure we did a sighting lap of the area and an 80% run through it... knew it was going to be a pain point even when rolling through it in the falcon to do cone setup in the morning.

1 hour ago, Bass Junky said:

My only gripe is that section that rips front bars off....  Would need to be changed for next time.

Yeah not just that but a few gutters around there too