SAU Community

SVM Round 1 - Metec June 23rd

acsplit

11 hours ago, paulR32gtr said:

I am in the same boat @Tony Olsson. I think last time you guys gave me my new card on the day of the event, happy to do that again if that is possible!

Hi Paul, send an email through to [email protected] with some details and they will get things sorted for you by the weekend :)

• Like 1

Well that was an awesome day of motorkhana-ing. The team at SAU Vic would like to thank all our competitors and we hope you had a great day out there! A big thank to our volunteers who not only braved the cold but also the wet so this event could happen, big ups!!!! And thanks thanks thanks to the awesome SAU Vic committee who once again put together an event that was fun for all. Results will be released in the coming days so keep a look out for them and we hope to see you at our next Motorkhana later in the year!

• Like 6

Great event massive thank you legends for putting it on and also to all to those poor volunteers standing in the freezing cold so we could fang our cars. Owe you all a beer. For the first running of an event, and given the complicated logistics of getting all those cars through each stage it was incredibly smooth. Had a great day, car held together after a long sit. Great stuff.

• Like 1

+1 for volunteers. Just spectating this for most of the day was freezing af

Will be an awesome venue when the weather heats up again and now that we've seen what works well and what doesn't

• Like 1

Yeah holy crap what is that dash? Looks nice, like the golf GTI / R option. 

Layouts were good, only one I didn't like was back one where we went up to an area with gutters then back down, 80% ran I bashed my front lip on a stock height car so some of the lowered ones wouldn't of liked it either :D Would of bit into the timed runs a bit too for those wanting to take some sympathy on their cars ?

Edited by UNR33L

1 hour ago, UNR33L said:

Layouts were good, only one I didn't like was back one where we went up to an area with gutters then back down, 80% ran I bashed my front lip on a stock height car so some of the lowered ones wouldn't of liked it either :D Would of bit into the timed runs a bit too for those wanting to take some sympathy on their cars ?

I think there must have been a couple of different lines through there.

the few that scrapped we could hear from the start line.

yet the fastest car for the 2nd pass had the lowest front lip that I saw and no scrape.

2 hours ago, UNR33L said:

I ripped the handbrake and went down the embankment sideways to avoid any scrap, not that I have a front bar but it was the quickest way around I reckon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russman said:

I ripped the handbrake and went down the embankment sideways to avoid any scrap, not that I have a front bar but it was the quickest way around I reckon.

The slide would avoid the lip scrape, but increase the risk of hitting the curbs that surrounded the area :P

That dash looks like a custom made tablet dash. Looks awesome, good work!

3 hours ago, emts said:

I think there must have been a couple of different lines through there.

the few that scrapped we could hear from the start line.

yet the fastest car for the 2nd pass had the lowest front lip that I saw and no scrape.

Yeah I tried the usual 'side ways speed hump' technique but maybe my soft stock suspension didn't help things when on the brake as well. Oh well maybe just something to consider for the next layouts. 

Edited by UNR33L

8 hours ago, UNR33L said:

It's based on a lexus LFA. Made from scratch using raspberry pi and 7" 720p lcd screen. Uses the stock sensors + a few more i've added like techedge AFR and IAT.

20 hours ago, Birds said:

Impressive driving man - that some nice countersteering

Do hit me up if you ever part ways with that dash...

Thanks Birds, there was a lot of steering with throttle haha. Might make a dash kit or something one day but it's a lot of work. 

• Like 2