• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Keeping it na?

Or do you mean putting that turbo and intercooler on it? Go for it! A few on here have done it. Mine's been +t for over a year now and I love it.

Or do you mean putting that turbo and intercooler on it? Go for it! A few on here have done it. Mine's been +t for over a year now and I love it.
Yeah like building it into a de+t, but doimg it properly..i cant see anything wrong with it

There are about 200 threads on this forum about turboing NA RB engines and all of them suggest to buy a turbo motor and swap it in. Unless you are in a country where getting such a motor is not practical.

And those threads are also filled with people telling you to buy a GT-T

But please ignore that advice like so many others and just do it anyway.

• Like 4

Or you can take on board the different opinions and decide what works for you. There's nothing wrong with a +t but there is already a lot of info on here so check all that out and get a project thread going if you decide to do it. I wanted the challenge of a project but the cost of a turbo engine in the UK was beyond my budget and I didn't want the hassle of selling mine to buy another. Keep in mind there's more to it than just the engine upgrades. At least brakes, hopefully suspension, maybe gearbox depending on power. If you do a +t it'll drive different than a GTT (not a bad thing just different) and have a lower power potential. Dropping in the turbo engine would be cool and a nice project. There'll be all sorts of advice - some of it might even be from people who actually did what they're suggesting 🙂 

Many of us suggest changing the whole engine, or the whole car, because we did the piecemeal upgrade and learnt that it would have been better to bite the bullet and just swap.

• Like 1