SAU Community

Hey Guys, 

incredibly new to owning a turbo/import as well as not very knowledgeable at all mechanically.

Picked up a R33 GTST a week ago. 

Driving last night I excellerated (not flat but still a bit) and there was a loud pop followed by the engine shutting off. 

I didn’t notice any smoke etc. left the car to sit for a few minutes and started it. 

Ran rough for the first start then quickly went back to a standard idle and ran well at low RPM. 

Nersed it home without hitting 0.00 bar. But if you try to excellerate more the it will not go at all over 0.00. 

Thinking it could have been a pipe that’s blown off, but a quick look at all the intercooler pipes look tight and okay. In saying this I haven’t taken off any covers etc of anything else. 

Engine wise car has few small modifications such as larger front mount, turbosmart E-boost street controller, different BOV, 3” Dump pipe and full exhaust, 200kw dyno time and has been really well taken care off service wise.

is it likely I have blown the stock turbo? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks. 

Edited by Mbarker123

If all the ic pipes are definitely still connected then its probably the ceramic turbine wheel on the turbo snapped off. Remove the dump pipe off the back of the turbo and take a look.

My vote is cooler pipe popped off. 

Good opportunity to do mods. Bigger turbo, Injector’s etc cos 200kw is not going to get the chicks ( or dudes if that’s your thing)

3 hours ago, Mbarker123 said:

excellerator

It's an accelerator, and you use it to accelerate. I think excellerator / excellerated has something to do with spreadsheets, or with being excellent.

I vote for checking the turbine wheel, remove the exhaust side and check for fragments or completely detached, and hoping for your sake its something else, that's cheap and simple. Good luck buddy.

1 hour ago, GeeDog said:

It's an accelerator, and you use it to accelerate. I think excellerator / excellerated has something to do with spreadsheets, or with being excellent.

Thanks champ! apologies for not proof reading my post. 

I’ll be sure to send you my assignments for a quick proof read before I put them in. 

• Like 1

If its turbo, remove, send to hypegear for highflow job. Receive back, install and record skid vids to put here.

Excellerator could also be a Hyundai excel on steroids. Maybe..

5 hours ago, Mbarker123 said:

I’ll be sure to send you my assignments for a quick proof read before I put them in. 

Do that, but you've used the free one. I charge for any further - maybe try the internet?