SAU Community

1JZ 9180 dyno results

Hi guys, I am new to this site but not to Motorsports. Just wanted to include the dyno results of a car I have been assisting to build, and your thoughts would be appreciated.

To give some perspective, this car was built over a period of 3 years, and was tuned at the last minute late one night before heading to an event. As such, the tuning is not complete. It could be considered an advanced baseline tune but far from finished. 

We have yet to log data regarding the EGT's in each runner, no data on AFR's and the power graph is very wavey as the EBC was not functioning correctly. Unfortunately also, the x-axis is in km/h instead of RPM which I find difficult to use for extrapolating data on boost threshold etc,,,,anyway a quick mods list:

- 1JZ, stock longblock with exception of slip-in HKS 264 cams

- EFR 9180 TS Borg Warner

- 6 Boost exhaust manifold, 50mm Progate

- I built (360CF) the intake manifold w/75mm throttle body

- 360CF 4" intercooler

- 360CF 2.5" off turbo blending to 3" intercooler tubing

- 3.5" exhaust running catalytic converter and quiet baffled muffler

- Smallish air filter

- Microtech ECU and running E-85 tuned by Blacktrack

We will be doing further dyno testing without the cat and running just a straight exhaust, a larger air filter, new EBC and more datalogging of EGTs etc. you can see the boost fluctuations hurt the power curve, however the overall graph looks really impressive, the power shoots for the sky and just hangs in there. A real shame we can't see the RPM's but it seems to be spooling better than the GT35R's I've seen online and holding for longer up top as well.

640WHP was at (inconsistently) 26psi. With a few changes and refinements I have no doubt we can hit 700, though the stock internals must be close to their limit. Anyway, I have found very little on similar engines such as the RB running a similar setup that I can refer to, so any experience you may have would be appreciated.

IMG_2193.JPG

IMG_3227.JPG

Edited by 360CF
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, PranK said:

Looks great! You're a busy person!

Thank you Prank. I realise this is a Nissan website, but posted hoping to find some comparative data to the RB's with similar setups as my google searches were showing very little. I have since found some great info on this site with cars running similar setups which is very useful ?

• Like 1

Thank you Prank. I realise this is a Nissan website, but posted hoping to find some comparative data to the RB's with similar setups as my google searches were showing very little. I have since found some great info on this site with cars running similar setups which is very useful [emoji106]
Nissan Schmissan. All are welcome here.

• 2 weeks later...

Attached is an extrapolated guide you can use with the 9180 comp map. You can see I've married up your existing results and PR by using the VE as a variable, it's actually still very realistic and what I'd expect from a 1J with decent intake and exhaust manifolds.

You can see you'll hit 700 by 30psi, and that should be achievable with the motor in its current configuration. However, the turbo has a lot more in it that your existing results show would require changes to the head and cam combo. IE 800 is accessible but you'd need to turn it well into the 8s.

Hope that helps. 

Screenshot_20180615-174345.jpg