SAU Community

Helpful Car Care articles

Hey Everyone

I write a number of articles on my facebook business page on a fairly regular basis and soon on my website  to help motoring enthusiasts improve their car care techniques and overall understanding of it whilst also making them aware of what true professional detailing and paint correction done by a pro can achieve as well as respect the industry and raise the awareness of the fact that there is much more to it and it really is a highly skilled craft.    There is so much more to it regardless of what some people I've met have said to me. Some crash repairers Ive met regard detailing as "takes no skill at all and is all spray and wipe"  The is so far from the truth.   

We have to know some chemistry, understand pad technology and have knowledge of so many things and then be able to use all four types of machines and not damage anything.  

To give you a quick summary of my journey with detailing. I began as an enthusiast in 1991 with the purchase of my first car and really got serious about it in 1996 with my second car purchase, a 1972 Ford XA Falcon 351 Coupe

In 1999 I began learning from a professional and started working for an auto dealership before starting my business in 2005 and setting up shop in the northern suburbs of Adelaide in 2007

It's been a twenty seven year journey so far but I've done cars from Aston Martin to Pagani Zonda and a lot of stuff in between including Lexus and plenty of Nissan Skylines too. 

I'm here not to try and sell you anything but to share some helpful information as well as learn from all of you, we can all learn from each other for sure.
Everyone brings something to the table.  

My next one will be wax, sealants and coatings. Which ones to use on what vehicles, when and how often.  

That's me kneeling by the window in the Lexus of Adelaide Showroom back when the first LFA arrived.

My articles can be found here.  There are so many more to write and plenty more to share.  

https://www.facebook.com/pg/detailxsa/notes/?ref=page_internal

If anyone is in Adelaide and has a midnight purple Skyline with paint in good condition I'd love to see it and give you some free advice on how to care for it

I absolutely love the Nissan Skyline colours from the R32-R34 - amazing.

happy detailing everyone

Matt

Lexus LFA .jpg

lambo.jpg

nissan r35.jpg

perfect porsche paint.jpg

facebook 2.jpg

eleanor mustang 5.JPG

aston martin.jpg

IMAG0245.jpg

detailx skyline cover photo.jpg

aston martin 2.jpg