SAU Community

R32 4 door drag set up

Hey guys I need some help from some fellow members I’m in the next stage of my build and that’s suspension the car is my r32 four door but I need to lay the power down to the rear what suspension is every one running these days ?  Rang just jap talking to them they recomaned bc coils but I am open to options the car will be setup for drag racing the set up now is way to hard 

First you need to fix the subframe.  The anti-squat geometry on R32s is the enemy of drag traction.

After you've replaced it with an S14 subframe, put a full set of adjustable arms into it and ensure that they are dialled in for minimal camber and as little bump steer as possible.  Then speak to MCA about some custom valved coilovers.

Yuh, but the subframe is essentially the same as the GTSt subframe.  The stuff that's bolted to it is not responsible for the geometry.

And the GTR diff isn't "stronger" than the GTSt diff.  Yeah, sure, it's a mechanical LSD, but then anyone dragging a non GTR is going to put a mech centre into the GTSt diff anyway.  And the 6 bolt axles are only marginally stronger than the 5 bolt.  So, go ahead and put that stuff in if you want to, but don't make the mistake of thinking that it's a major upgrade in terms of strength.  And do not make the mistake of thinking that the GTR subframe is better than the one that you have.

In the R33/4 and S14/5 cars, the suspension geometry was significantly improved over the R32 & S13 era cars.  And the S chassis cars don't have HICAS, which is worth getting rid of for any car, but certainly good to get rid of for drag.

agree with all above 

I dont know what power your going to run but I have personally run  high 500's hp with rb25 in both drift and circuit in r32 4 door with all of the above and have never had a problem with axles etc (I know drag is a little different with launches)

then if anything you can spend the same money getting s14 subframe + diif + below upgraded axles for a better outcome than circa $1000 - $1500 on the full rear GTR cradle

http://www.driveshaftshop.com/import-axles/nissan/skyline/nissan-rwd-gt-s-and-variants-rear-axle-bar-upgrade-bars-only