SAU Community

Rb25det starting issue and no maf

Hello sau(: , I have found out that my rb25det equipped s14 does not have a maf sensor. Guy that I bought it off of said the maf was going bad so everytime you go to turn the car on you have to disconnect the connector that connects to the TPS sensor and another wire. I searched and searched everywhere where a maf would be, but nope no where. But then I came to the conclusion that it might have another sensor that reads air temp or measures it, as it has a Haltech pro plug in Ecu. Which can use other sensors rather then sticking to the maf. So where should I check, do to figure out this problem? Any help would be much appreciated guys. Need to figure this out so I can skip to other things. ( I uploaded a  pic to show what I disconnect so I can turn on the car and then reconnect it back)

55300CD5-C429-4E86-B51F-CD8A76C2CDCA.jpeg

Haltech plug in will run a map sensor and do away with the maf. Take it to your tuner to diagnose. Is it running rough dying ? Or are you just trying to locate a maf ?

Edited by havoc_r33gtst

Having to unplug the TPS to start it suggests that there is something wrong in the tune. The TPS is part of the reference for what cell of the tune the car is in so i would say unplugging it puts it in the "right" cell to start or puts it in some sort of default.

Would take it to a good tuner. If there is only an issue at startup, it cant be anything to majorly wrong with the TPS

2 hours ago, havoc_r33gtst said:

Haltech plug in will run a map sensor and do away with the maf. Take it to your tuner to diagnose. Is it running rough dying ? Or are you just trying to locate a maf ?

thanks for the info, and no once it’s on it Idles good when I reconnect the tps sensor. And no since I do not see one anywhere. So I really do hope it’s somethinh with the tune. Previous owner did touch up on that , it needing a tune.

Makes sense , if I don’t unplug it it’ll just keep cracking but won’t turn on. As soon as I disconnect the tps boom fires right up. So I really do hope something is wrong in the tune. Previous owner did mention it needed one, never could’ve guessed that it could help in that regard as well.