SAU Community

Leaking cam cover

mico

Hi guys I have a really frustrating problem with my r32 gtr. For about 2 years it has been leaking from the rear exhaust side cam cover. I tried other covers and have changed the gasket twice with no change. I use 3bond sealant also I have changed the half moon seal. It' defo coming from the join between head and cam cover but I just can' t stop it leaking it' crazy. Anyone had this b4 ?? Could it be a cracked head even if it's coming from the in between jointhats all I can think of. Just driving me nuts

Yes mate I've also tried sealant in the channel before putting the rubber seal. Then push down on my floor tiles to make sure perfectly flat. I have a small mirror I check around after install to make sure the gap is flat. This is about the 20th time I've removed.

• 3 months later...

Hi just thought I'd let everyone know I fixed this. Maybe can help someone one day although it looks like I'm the only one who has experienced this. It turns out the factory screws bottom out in the head if u don't use the big metal spacers under them. U can't apply enough pressure. I used bits of rubber tube before under the screws without the spacers but it's just not enough pressure. I now used new short screws with washers and allows more pressure to be put. I'm so stupid lol cheers.