• Welcome to SAU Community

    Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

    • Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

    Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

    Click here to register


R34 GTT - Nismo Gauge Cluster - Odometer

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I've finally got a brand new Nismo combination cluster for R34 GTT.
- Did anyone manage to transfer odometer readings from the old cluster onto the new one? 
- Does anyone know a workshop in Sydney area that can do the job?
- Is it possible to register odometer change with RMS (RTA) without transferring the odometer readings from the old cluster onto the new one?

 All help is appreciated.


  • Like 1

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it's legal to transfer over the odometer readings between the 2 clusters.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not legal to alter an odo reading, regardless of which direction you need to alter it.  Also, RMS would not care one shit how far the car has gone, whether real or resulting from speedo/odo swap.

Because you are putting in a brand new one with zero clicks on it, just take a photo of your old odo reading next to your phone showing the date and/or a newspaper showing the date that you do the swap.  That should be enough proof for anyone later that the kays you claim are true.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

My understanding is that it is illegal to change the distance the car has travelled, not change the new clusters reading to match the car. I transferred mine accross to the nismo cluster and took photographs of both reading the same. I checked here in NZ before doing it and was told I can do it that way.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now