SAU Community

Hello from the people's republic of canuckistan

walperstyle

So, I may have bought a R34GTT (automatic, but has R33 RB25DET) ,   but I also own a S15 spec R, and S13 with KA-T (forever project) and a 65 Newport. 

I hope not to noob it out too much.  I do want to say I'm not happy that the admin of this site didn't preserve the pictures for the 'Diy R34 Manual conversion Using R33 Parts'.   Whenever you find good writeups and technical documentation, its always best to take those pictures, and host them with the website server so they will last for years and years.  Hot links fail over time.  

S15.jpg

chryshgo.jpg

240.jpg

Admin, if you are reading this,  why are tech documents not opening fast now that I've become a member?   The site just got a whole lot worse once I signed up?  You guys have some hackers working through your board?  

17 hours ago, walperstyle said:

Admin, if you are reading this,  why are tech documents not opening fast now that I've become a member?   The site just got a whole lot worse once I signed up?  You guys have some hackers working through your board?  

wtf are you talking about? Its only slightly helpful to mention a problem without even a link.

How didd it get worse?

How are you suspecting hackers?

Worst newbie thread ever. 

Dont agree with the way op has gone about this but i have been experiencing issues when using the site on pc. Tried different browsers, different pc's, still extremely slow. Think dial up speed slow. Ive taken to surfing other sites while i wait for loading or just using the mobile app.

wtf are you talking about? Its only slightly helpful to mention a problem without even a link.
How didd it get worse?
See above post, forgot to quote.

5 minutes ago, admS15 said:

Dont agree with the way op has gone about this but i have been experiencing issues when using the site on pc. Tried different browsers, different pc's, still extremely slow. Think dial up speed slow. Ive taken to surfing other sites while i wait for loading or just using the mobile app.

Ok cool. This is constructive. :) 

Interesting that mobile is ok. 

Can you post in here;

We can work together to sort it out.

2 hours ago, PranK said:

How didd it get worse?

I mentioned word for word what the thread was called in my first post.  I would have linked the URL if it would actually post in the browser so I can copy and paste it.  I still can't access it now.  Been waiting 20 minutes.  Port 19 and 8 are seeing a lot of action, and I'm getting traffic from somewhere in Africa when I go to your site.  So??? I dunno.   Its been like a decade since I worked in the computer industry, so I dunno, maybe that is where you host some content?  But it's a lot of traffic and it seems like there is others experiencing it too.    

Either way, once I find the information I need I'll just make a youtube video and bring the knowledge to this decade.   Cheers, sorry you were offended.   I used to run a car club that had a few thousand people like 17 years ago and we archived all data to several servers so the content would never be lost.   Then I made a couple youtube videos.    

Anyways, good luck.   Sorry I'm not as wise in IT as I used to be.   

Edited by walperstyle

Can't help you with the African traffic, nor the access to your ports. The site is scanned regularly for malware and any other malicious access by Google as part of our indexing in Google search. 

Not sure why the URL wont display for you. Sounds like you might be using a strange browser or maybe just have the URL bar disabled.

Good luck with your car. 

Christian

When I can get the thread up, I'll post the URL since you can't seem to find it by your search.  Nor can I right now, lol. 

Btw, windows 10 with chrome, lol.  This network isn't even anywhere near my crypto miners either.  

Edited by walperstyle

Just now, walperstyle said:

When I can get the thread up, I'll post the URL since you can't seem to find it by your search.  Nor can I right now, lol. 

I have the thread, thanks. I was asking to any relevant info to back up your other claims. Not sure what 'tech docs' are, nor how things changed after you signed up. 

Holy crap I don't know if you did anything, but she works like a charm now (minus the pictures not being there, but that is because the hosting site is gone and you guys never archived them here).

ANyways, I'll shut up now.  

Just now, walperstyle said:

Holy crap I don't know if you did anything, but she works like a charm now (minus the pictures not being there, but that is because the hosting site is gone and you guys never archived them here).

ANyways, I'll shut up now.  

Performance is one thing, but I'm more concerned about the hacking claims. 

The excess traffic only occured when I was trying to access your site.   Its not happening now, so I dunno dude.  They might have been piggy backing off some advertisement or something. Again, been years since I've held those worthless CCNA papers.  

6 minutes ago, walperstyle said:

The excess traffic only occured when I was trying to access your site.   Its not happening now, so I dunno dude.  They might have been piggy backing off some advertisement or something. Again, been years since I've held those worthless CCNA papers.  

You might wanna hang onto those claims when joining a new site until you have something concrete. People like me might take offence.

4 hours ago, walperstyle said:

I used to run a car club that had a few thousand people like 17 years ago and we archived all data to several servers so the content would never be lost.   Then I made a couple youtube videos.    

Hello walperstyle, 

Welcome to the forums!

What car club did you used to run?