SAU Community

Rust in suspension tops

Mick

hey i got a set of stock r33 suspension to put onto my gtst cos my wife is complaining the tein height adjustable ones are too rough. The stock ones i got for free and the fronts look ok but the rear ones have rust on the tops, it looks like they were stored outside so rain must have built up into the tops which is like a little bowl that would have held water in there nicely to rust them up, the rust was scabby and scaly and i got as much as i could off but because of the location of it its impossible to get it all off, i dont know how deep the pitting is and i worry about its structural integrity especially cos its a suspension top which i assume has lots of load on it constantly. it would be hard to try remove all of it and treat and paint it to stop any further rust cos i can only get my little finger in the channel even with a screwdriver i still carnt get to all of the rust.

What do you guys think, im thinking i need a new back set or new tops

IMG_4276.jpgIMG_4271.jpg

my old tein height adjustable ones that im going to be taking off the car work fine but i think 2 of them are a bit noisy, they make a sucking in and out noise but still preform perfectly, does that mean they are not good to sell?