SAU Community

Hi All,

Please help me identify any speed issues you may be experiencing.

Do these issues occur at a specific time?
Do they occur on mobile or desktop or both?
Does the status bar (bottom left) say "loading ..." or anything while its loading? If so can you post what it is loading?
Anything else you may have noticed.

Thanks guys, the site has been fine for me so I haven't noticed it at all.

Christian

The speed issues im having are mostly when using pc. Mobile  app isn't lightning either but is ok. When on pc in the bottom left corner i get waiting for sau.com and then waiting for google ad services and after about a minute the next page will actually load. I have held off in saying anything till now in the hope it will resolve itself but that hasn't happened.

Cheers Bill

7 minutes ago, admS15 said:

The speed issues im having are mostly when using pc. Mobile  app isn't lightning either but is ok. When on pc in the bottom left corner i get waiting for sau.com and then waiting for google ad services and after about a minute the next page will actually load. I have held off in saying anything till now in the hope it will resolve itself but that hasn't happened.

Cheers Bill

Thanks Bill,

Can you keep an eye on it over the next day or two and let me know if it seems any better?

Thanks,

Christian

Thanks Bill,
Can you keep an eye on it over the next day or two and let me know if it seems any better?
Thanks,
Christian
No probs, im on mobile app atm and it seems to be faster than before, ill let you know how the pc goes when i get a chance to use it [emoji106]

I have been having issues connecting to SAU....all other forum sites I visit are fine, just SAU.  I sometimes get the DOS based view [blue text, and just a list of the forum pages] rather than the normal GUI forums page.

If I get the DOS view then I cannot open any other pages, it usually comes up with a blank screen.  If I leave and come back in 10-15 minutes its then usually OK.

The other thing that has just started to happen as well, the forums page comes up OK then it reloads straight away and I get a blank screen [address in address bar is still OK].

37 minutes ago, tridentt150v said:

I have been having issues connecting to SAU....all other forum sites I visit are fine, just SAU.  I sometimes get the DOS based view [blue text, and just a list of the forum pages] rather than the normal GUI forums page.

If I get the DOS view then I cannot open any other pages, it usually comes up with a blank screen.  If I leave and come back in 10-15 minutes its then usually OK.

The other thing that has just started to happen as well, the forums page comes up OK then it reloads straight away and I get a blank screen [address in address bar is still OK].

Wow! That all sounds really screwy!

Can you take some screen shots next time? This is really bizarre. 

What OS / Browser are you using? Has it been different over the past 24hrs?

I'll take screen shots when I can...just now had to try to get into SAU 3 times...3rd time lucky.

Was Ok 1 or 2 days ago, didn't notice a difference till this morning tbh.  Still using IE...been lazy,  really should have gone over to Chrome or Edge.  Used to use Firefox but my virus checker was saying FF was out of date etc so gave up on FF.

10 hours ago, PranK said:

Thanks guys.

I've just made some more changes please keep the feedback coming if anything changes again.

Shortly after you made the quoted post, I could not reply to any threads for the whole afternoon.  The reply box at the bottom was grey and unresponsive.  Highlighting any text in a post did not bring a pop up "quote the selected" and there were no quote buttons anywhere.  I wouldn't normally say anything about this, because it has happened to me many times in the past (and yes, I was logged in), but the timing of you "making some changes" might be more than a coincidence.

Ok thanks for letting me know. It's some of the coad behind the reply box that has been changed so that makes sense but please let me know if it happens again (if it happens you can get me via the contact form or even via the Facebook page if PM's don't work).

https://www.sau.com.au/forums/contact/

Thank you! 

• 3 months later...
Ok thanks for letting me know. It's some of the coad behind the reply box that has been changed so that makes sense but please let me know if it happens again (if it happens you can get me via the contact form or even via the Facebook page if PM's don't work).
https://www.sau.com.au/forums/contact/

Thank you! 
PM sent

For the last week and a bit ive been having issues where new and unread posts aren't showing. This is across the main site, app or Tapatalk. Sometimes a notification will show a new post but nothing is on site. Eventually when the posts show up, i can see there was posts made at the times i was not able to see anything. Im wondering if this is widespread or just happening to me.

Please check it out when you get a chance Prank. Thanks Bill [emoji106]

For the last week and a bit ive been having issues where new and unread posts aren't showing. This is across the main site, app or Tapatalk. Sometimes a notification will show a new post but nothing is on site. Eventually when the posts show up, i can see there was posts made at the times i was not able to see anything. Im wondering if this is widespread or just happening to me.

Please check it out when you get a chance Prank. Thanks Bill [emoji106]
Yep seeing this too in the Android app.

Also experiencing this in the all posts view. No posts appear and then the posts sometimes appear after refreshing 10 times.

Rob