SAU Community

Need help with r32 bearing

Hae all so im replacing my wheel bearing on my 1993 r32 and its been a complete nightmare. So i originally bought a bearing off ebay for a r32 as pictured451394808_Screenshot_20180611-174953_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.ee0f9ae64a3cbda25b225d1ae02e52bd.jpg

Then once apart i come to realise its wrong and its this type20180611_173717.thumb.jpg.1028eb28a7d1684f5009aa3c71c4a3a9.jpg

Now after alot of searching i come to the assumption i have a type m? Because i have 4pot brakes on front 2pot on the rear and digital climate control. i eventually found a bearing through bursons it came up as a r32 gtr drum handbrake type so i got it, fitted it up and the inner diameter for the cv spline is to big. Can some one please tell me exactly which one will fit because the lady at bursons said there were no other listings for a 32 apart from what i bought from them and the original one i bought. Need one by the weekend. Thanks 

Assuming your car is 2wd (since you don't say, and neither does your profile) not 4wd?

When you say you "fitted it up and the inner diameter for the cv spline is to big" do you mean you can't press the hub face back into the bearing because it is too large, or because it is too small/loose or something else?

If you post up your VIN# someone can look up the exact nissan part# in FAST for you.

9 hours ago, Duncan said:

Assuming your car is 2wd (since you don't say, and neither does your profile) not 4wd?

When you say you "fitted it up and the inner diameter for the cv spline is to big" do you mean you can't press the hub face back into the bearing because it is too large, or because it is too small/loose or something else?

If you post up your VIN# someone can look up the exact nissan part# in FAST for you.

Sorry it is a 2wd and it came as a hub and bearing assembly. So when i went to push in the cv shaft it just spins without meshing to the splines

1 minute ago, Duncan said:

Ok...so you are correct, it is a type M.

Sik_R31 was the winner, part numbers you need are:

43280-30P05 / 43280-AA000, and

43281-30P05 / 43281-AA000

Excuse my ignorance but whats Sik_r31? 

Those part numbers will i be able to use to them at a place like bursons? 

sorry, Sick_R31, not Sik_R31

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:24 PM, Sick_R31 said:

Bursons may not be able to use those numbers, they are a Nissan part number so they would need a cross check. You could buy from Nissan or Kudos as per Sick_R31's link. Or Amayama.com if you are not in a rush.

1 hour ago, Duncan said:

sorry, Sick_R31, not Sik_R31

Bursons may not be able to use those numbers, they are a Nissan part number so they would need a cross check. You could buy from Nissan or Kudos as per Sick_R31's link. Or Amayama.com if you are not in a rush.

Alright sweet as thanks heaps ?

• 3 months later...

Bumping this thread, trying to get out the hub out from the knuckle after removing the entire assembly from the car...

I clamped the knuckle to a piece of wood, stood on it and went at it with my sliding hammer as hard as I could. Nothing besides me and the entire knuckle/wood thingy moved a single mm.

Just want to verify, the snap-rings are only there to hold the bearing, right?

Any options besides more heat, more lube and more force?

asda.png