SAU Community

Alright so im thinking of pulling my rb25det out to fix up all the wiring and clean up the whole bay as whoever did the conversion did horrible job. Now i haven't compression tested it yet but it all seems to be going good. My question is whilst i have the engine out and im replacing all seals should i do a new head gasket and big ends whilst its accessible for piece of mind? Or should i do a comp test and go from there? 

Rolling shot for your timeIMG_20180627_192612_814.thumb.jpg.3cd41641cca495e7ee50aa910d55e389.jpg

Whilst I'm tempted to agree with Ben, do not, under any circumstances, open up an engine that appears to be perfectly fine and let all the Nissan out.  Things will start to go wrong, and it will be because you let all the Nissan out of it.  The most you should do is consider a 1 by 1 replacement of the head studs with some good ARP numbers.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Whilst I'm tempted to agree with Ben, do not, under any circumstances, open up an engine that appears to be perfectly fine and let all the Nissan out.  Things will start to go wrong, and it will be because you let all the Nissan out of it.  The most you should do is consider a 1 by 1 replacement of the head studs with some good ARP numbers.

Ok sweet thanks man. Ill do a comp test if everything is algood ill leave it. But ill be replacing all exterior gaskets and seals.

3 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

Words of wisdom, look at my thread and see the mess I got myself in ???

19 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Words of wisdom, look at my thread and see the mess I got myself in ???

Looks like a awesome build man!! But unfortunately i dont have the money to do such a build haha mine will be literally maintenance/preventable maintance

3 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Keep it stock, I made a big mistake lol

just put in ARP 2000 head studs, you can do it one by one with the cams and the head still on.

Ok sweet yea and its my daily so wanna keep it reliable and decent fuel