SAU Community

MLR's 86 not a build thread thread

23 hours ago, mlr said:

Ok.......LOL.......Apparently a turbo is a excellent way to muffle down some cold start noise.

Can we start a sweeps for how long before current exhaust is replaced with full 3" decat, straight piped one to get more out of the turbo setup?

1 hour ago, GTofuS-T said:

Can we start a sweeps for how long before current exhaust is replaced with full 3" decat, straight piped one to get more out of the turbo setup?

I'm pretty sure the 2.5" decated system will be fine for 190ish kwatw.

Even with the aded weight of the turbo I'll still be under 1300kg, which isn't bad for a daily with all the modern conveniences.

In other news, I WANT MY BOOST NOW, I'm so f**king impatient, waiting a month for it to happen is going to suck. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Steve85 said:

Good choice. I've got RE003s on my daily's. Probably the best tire (for the money) that I've ever driven on.

I do prefer RS4's (talk about value for money), BUT, whilst RS4's are brilliant in the dry, they are pretty average in the wet.

Compromises were made because street car.

There was a special on at JAX, 4 tyres and a wheel alignment for $550, bargain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Victory said:

I am sorry but I still cannot believe that an 86 can turn a 235 tyre........

QFT

LOL

Seriously though, the little girl has surprised a few people.

It ain't no rocketship, but, tuned NA it puts out more than a stock turbo S15, it's currently 145kwatw, add some PSI and it will be around 190-200.

Plus at 1250kg, the power to weight ain't really horrible either.

Opinions may vary 

For what its worth, I recently took a little orange Renault Megane 225 to Winton with a tune and similar rubber. I wish I had more tyre and it has the same modest power to weight. Plenty to have fun with. 80+ hot laps in a day also is a breath of fresh air relative to most outings with a broken Nissan. ?

I say continue having fun.

1 hour ago, Kinkstaah said:

For what its worth, I recently took a little orange Renault Megane 225 to Winton with a tune and similar rubber. I wish I had more tyre and it has the same modest power to weight. Plenty to have fun with. 80+ hot laps in a day also is a breath of fresh air relative to most outings with a broken Nissan. ?

I say continue having fun.

That's the plan

Until it breaks...?

Street alignment all dialed in

Front: -1.5°, 0 toe

Rear: -1.0°, 0 toe

Will be going for a squirt up the pass for a pie on Saturday, I'll then take the long way home via Jamberoo, also with a detour past the lighthouse in the Gong, and by lighthouse I mean the icecream van in the carpark near the lighthouse.

In all honesty though, the set up is more about tyre life and daily driving with illusions of performance, more so than actual performance.

19 days to go till tututututu, which, is the main reason why I'm getting a turbo anyway.......

tenor.gif

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

LOL you what?

Knew you couldn't keep it NA.. NA cars are for homos.

LOL, I did inform the boys at Pulse that the more annoying turbo noises the car makes the better.

I'm not sure that 8 psi is actually enough boost to make annoying noises though.

We shall see on Friday I suppose.

f**k I hate waiting.

In other news: if work sends me away before this weekend I'm gonna have a melt down.

Work has a nasty habit of sending me away for months at a time, just when I am getting something done.

It's like they are waiting for me to drop off my car.

Me: "I just dropped my car at the shop"

Work: "Cool, pack your bags, you leave tomorrow"