SAU Community

MLR's 86 not a build thread thread

1 hour ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

would be more sleeperere with a 2JZ and Samsonas 

Can you spot me, I'll buy you a beer.

Only lets not do 2J as I could never register it, a camed up LS on the other hand is achievable, costly though, but with you paying I'm not to fussed on the estimated $60+k it would cost.

Cheers

I'll keep an eye out for a brown paper bag full of cash dropped on my door step.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Boost gauge, fully shizzle dizzle, plus $20 3d printed guage holder thing from local guy.

Nothing flash, cheapest gauge I could find really, higher reading than what I really wanted, I tried to find a cheap 15 psi (boost is 8psi) but none were found in the 2 minutes I looked for one, meh.

Awaiting some "add a circuit's" from fleabay so I can get the light and dimmer working.

It doesn't look as bad in person, the camera makes it look all f**ked up, but it's not really that bad.

20191124_164200.thumb.jpg.b5185901edf2e804cdd7f8d82801f8db.jpg

46 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

Turn the boost up to use more of the gauge. Problem solved

One solved, but...ue7t.jpg.3f897132a54298adba0700bc3346ab64.jpg

The rods on these things are make from plasticine apparently.

Pistons and rods are the obvious next big spend.

Then a gearbox solution, it's basically a S15 gearbox and they like to chew.

Not for a while though, I hope, knock on wood, fingers crossed etc. etc. etc.

source.gif.e053c8476bdf5c6a008a1d8e4d811be1.gif

I believe Yul is pointing at Toyota 86 engine and gearbox parts on the ground.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

May buy some injectors

"Apparently" there is another 30 safe killerwasps available running 98 but I need injectors.

Hmmm, I may have found a Xmas present from me to the car.

I was thinking of upgrading the speakers for Xmas, meh, decisions decisions.......

I was in that situation and I upgraded the speakers.

Reason: Music on in car 100% of time spent in car. In traffic, parked at lights, cruising around, while car warming up, middle of thunderstorm.

Extra injector requirement is something like 0.01% of time spent in car.

• Sad 1

Sad but true

But really, how much clearer can 92.9 ABC Classic radio be?

But then common sense rarely gets factored into my plans, or even cross my mind really, ....but when it does I try to just force it down with all of the other bad things, to fester and boil, until it expodes in a tyrade of utter self righteousness.

On 05/12/2019 at 10:16 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Lol well I did a Christmas too.

20191129_210557.thumb.jpg.3dee08e15a8cf0ab3fb52dfc8c3f9b26.jpg

20191129_210756.thumb.jpg.d9c8e5271a01fc8ce383cd2375b56fc3.jpg

On the wrong car ?

Got the delete fitted yet?

Gonna block the bypass for some Sutututu?

Or 

Hektiks

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Not a BOV ulleh

Yeah it's a turbo muffler delete for the Vag, isn't it???

I was just asking if your gonna play with other bibs and bobs.

Make the Tig all turbo noisy and obnoxious, like I like, yeah, you know what I like......

So is it fitted yet?

If so picks and thoughts......

• 4 weeks later...

I lost another wheel nut a while ago, decided to get a new set, I already had 2 different styles

Went full consumer, Project Mu floating, made from Chromium-molybdenium steel, guaranteed extra 10hp at the wheel brace.

Did get an epic deal from the boys at Just Jap.

OCD go on ?

20200104_162445_resized.jpg.2c00121c444881e00bfd1a7904a533cd.jpg