SAU Community

MLR's 86 not a build thread thread

3 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

1JZ VVTi

Would be prohibitively expensive to be reliable, and problematic for rego.

Dropping $10-15k on the 86 is pretty stupid and hardly justifiable, dropping double that would be idiotic.

I might be stupid, but I'm not a idiot (anymore)...

Sorry Mark I know that I should not say this but I love 86 drivers and I have been following your thread since day one enjoying the discussion.

Whenever I pull up at the lights next to an 86 in a Skyline or even my Stagea they seem very intimidated as soon as they hear the RB rumble next to them.

It is very amusing when I am in one of my 28 year old Mazda 626 daily's. 86 drivers are then very interested until they see me leave them in my wake as the old 626 does a great 60 foot time.

The 86 is like a Mazda MX5 - a great little nimble handling fun car. They were never meant to be a real performance car and they should be enjoyed for what they are.

2 hours ago, Victory said:

Sorry Mark I know that I should not say this but I love 86 drivers and I have been following your thread since day one enjoying the discussion.

Whenever I pull up at the lights next to an 86 in a Skyline or even my Stagea they seem very intimidated as soon as they hear the RB rumble next to them.

It is very amusing when I am in one of my 28 year old Mazda 626 daily's. 86 drivers are then very interested until they see me leave them in my wake as the old 626 does a great 60 foot time.

The 86 is like a Mazda MX5 - a great little nimble handling fun car. They were never meant to be a real performance car and they should be enjoyed for what they are.

I 100% agree, Toyota 86 = MX5, but, if your flippant with your money they an be "more fun".

Just like a 500hp Skyline is "more fun" than a 300hp one.

What I initially wanted was a S15, but most are trash or, in the case of a mint car low km car, like I wanted, at least 30k ish, for a old car.

If I got a S15 they are pretty slow stock, and handle average, so work would need to be done anyway, albeit alot less than the 86 to eek out some more power.

So, in the end the only cheap new RWD manual Coupes that are available are the twins.

Will I lose money, hell yeah, no where near as much as I lost with my R33 adventure though.

Right now my car is as fun as ten fun things, but everything can be improved.

As long as gearboxes are not a consumable item I will be happy, hence a supercharger, as the torque produced down low is much less than a turbo.

The weak link in the twins is the aisin.

17 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Haha was a joke :)

1JZ would actually be super reliable.

The engine would, everything back from the gearbox though?

I've been in a couple of boosted twins, the added small increase in power makes a big difference.

Whilst the turbo had all the whooshy, the supercharger just felt so much smoother in it's power delivery.

Anyways, time to start squirreling away cash in the bottom draw away from prying eyes.

What she don't know can't hurt me...I hope...

6 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

Miss the days when you could lowball a low km good condition AUDM S15 for $13k

NSW and 'P' platers legally being able to drive the ADM version hey ;)

The amount of messages I've gotten about mine from kids in NSW is bordering on ridiculous ?

37 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Spotted! About 9am :)

I was heading up New Illawarra Road towards Bangor Bypass in the 86 Chop machine haha 

The eldest girl got on the turps and left her car at Menai.

Obviously me and the Mrs had to go pick it up because she is to lazy to do it herself and her mum will not say no to her.

In saying that, I rarely say no to the Mrs, I might be dumb but I'm not stupid.

Car now beeps when opening and closing.

Well, that one of the added features.

The boy has a new game, how many times does it take for him to kick the tyre to set the alarm off till I throttle the life from him.

It's getting close to the winning number.....

On 5/1/2019 at 8:29 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Lololol

Need any Turbosmart or Elig or Intima stuff? I can help :)

Will need pads eventually, current Brembo pads are dust making machines.

Only problem is the car doesnt go fast enough to wear them out quick.

Plus I do avoid using brakes because I then need to get back up to speed, which can take a while.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, sitting at home bored looking at supporting stuff required if I do boost.

Next minute. 

I pick them up tomorrow.

And yes, they are unequal lenght I've dropped a coil/plug/cylinder design.

FULLY HEKTIC

Disclaimer: eBay and pain medication strikes again.

All I need now is a supercharger........

images (5).jpeg