SAU Community

Will my Nistune be up to the task? (R32 GTR)

Engine out. That looks serious! Hopefully serious upgrades not seriously broken.

After my upgrades, I am sitting at 360 awkw @ 20psi. I did a subset of the original plan. The main thing is just how much nicer the car is to drive with modern injectors, better ignition and e85.

2 hours ago, Robzilla32 said:

Engine out. That looks serious! Hopefully serious upgrades not seriously broken.

After my upgrades, I am sitting at 360 awkw @ 20psi. I did a subset of the original plan. The main thing is just how much nicer the car is to drive with modern injectors, better ignition and e85.

All preventative thankfully...

-head gasket

-head studs

-oil pump gears

-general inspection

-and engine bay respray

what turbos you go to make 360 @ 20psi?

All preventative thankfully...
-head gasket
-head studs
-oil pump gears
-general inspection
-and engine bay respray

what turbos you go to make 360 @ 20psi?
That sounds like some good items to tick off before more go faster bits.

Still using -9s but 2psi more plus e85 etc.

56 minutes ago, Robzilla32 said:

That sounds like some good items to tick off before more go faster bits.

Still using -9s but 2psi more plus e85 etc.

good results, definitely could pump a few more psi in there now you're running E85 if you wanted.....

25 psi if you have head studs, head gasket etc shouldn't be too much of an ask.....

On 11/15/2018 at 7:38 PM, Robzilla32 said:

That's a lot of power for -9's, especially only at 20psi.  What other mods do you have?  

Edited by TXSquirrel

That's a lot of power for -9's, especially only at 20psi.  What other mods do you have?  
Performance stuff:
Plazmaman intercooler (the smaller one not 100mm)
1000cc injectors
Walbro 460
AC Delco coils

Other stuff that may be relevant but probably marginal benefit:
Built engine
Trust front pipes
Apexi exhaust
Apexi pods

3 hours ago, Robzilla32 said:

Performance stuff:
1000cc injectors
Walbro 460
AC Delco coils

Built engine
Trust front pipes
Apexi exhaust
Apexi pods

Are you still running factory intake piping?

Edited by mr_rbman

12 hours ago, mr_rbman said:

Are you still running factory intake piping?

I got this divided charge pipe made not too long ago, if you are unsure about buying a whole intake piping kit.

http://www.gtrusablog.com/2018/04/split-twin-turbo-pipes-by-alex.html

10OUdmM.jpg

BHVgJMv.jpg

This is what it looks like installed in mine.

MOS0ZwH.jpg

16 hours ago, Robzilla32 said:

Performance stuff:
1000cc injectors
Walbro 460
AC Delco coils

Built engine
Trust front pipes
Apexi exhaust
Apexi pods

Are you running any cams?  

I'm still running factory air box, so maybe that's my problem.  Or maybe because I'm running R35 injectors at factory fuel pressure.  I read somewhere that R35 base fuel pressure is 1 bar higher and that's why it can get that much power out of 570cc.  Not sure if that's true.

Are you running any cams?  
I'm still running factory air box, so maybe that's my problem.  Or maybe because I'm running R35 injectors at factory fuel pressure.  I read somewhere that R35 base fuel pressure is 1 bar higher and that's why it can get that much power out of 570cc.  Not sure if that's true.
Just to clarify, the power output is based on e85 and not 98.

My cams are factory.

I recall reading that the air box is good for 400kw. I just felt like hearing some more whoosh.

As for the injectors, mine were rubbish and needed to be replaced regardless of any power goals. I thought that you needed a higher cc rating than 570 to support e85 (on an RB26).

10 hours ago, TXSquirrel said:

I got this divided charge pipe made not too long ago, if you are unsure about buying a whole intake piping kit.

http://www.gtrusablog.com/2018/04/split-twin-turbo-pipes-by-alex.html

10OUdmM.jpg

BHVgJMv.jpg

This is what it looks like installed in mine.

MOS0ZwH.jpg

already running the divided piping, pretty much a necessity...

6 hours ago, Robzilla32 said:

Just to clarify, the power output is based on e85 and not 98.

My cams are factory.

I recall reading that the air box is good for 400kw. I just felt like hearing some more whoosh.

As for the injectors, mine were rubbish and needed to be replaced regardless of any power goals. I thought that you needed a higher cc rating than 570 to support e85 (on an RB26).

ye 570cc injectors will get you nowhere near 400....

Mine should be fairly close to your modification list once finished @Robzilla32, only I'm keeping factory airbox but i'll be running some mild cams and slightly larger turbos...

My goal is 350kw without e85, that's why I thought the 570cc would get the job done.  I rarely drive mine and a full tank would last 2-3 months, so I can't really run e85.  I also thought running R35 injectors with R35 AFMs should be a friendly combo to Nistune. 

Getting closer at 315kw during my last pull.  Bought a 76mm Plazmaman but yet to install it, still waiting for my tuner's dyno to be repaired...