SAU Community

Advertising on behalf of a friend, see below spiel for details. Please contact him for further details if you are interested:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-Skyline-1989/SSE-AD-5533413/?Cr=15

1989 Nissan R32 GTR, RB26DETT, 5 speed ATESSA 4WD.

Im selling this on behalf of my uncle, who is an elderly GTR gentleman enthusiast. It is now being sold to make way for his dream GTR R35. During his ownership, he has travelled less than 25000 ks.

This car is an early build 89 GTR, and was imported around 10 years ago by a reputable importer, under what was then the 15 year old scheme, so this means that the car didn’t have to have a lot of the usual mods such as guard indicators, modified tail lights etc the ones imported under RAWS did, hence it retains the original GTR features that will suit the enthusiast/collector.

Unlike most GTR’s of this age, it is rust free, and the paint (original colour) is in very good condition, with very few minor blemishes. It should be thought of as a ‘’survivor car’’ as opposed to one that has been restored, so keep in mind this car is almost 30 years old.

Inside, the seats are in good condition, although the material has separated from the foam, so whilst not ripped, could do with taking to a trimmer to be re-glued to make it perfect. It has an aftermarket steering wheel, boost and oil pressure gauge. It has a Sony CD player that was fitted in Australia at the time. The interior clock works intermittently (as is common on these cars) but the climate display works fine. Of note is that the dash does not have a bubble or a crack, and the vents are all in good condition. If you are a GTR enthusiast, you will know how rare this is, and also is evidence of how the car has been kept indoors most of its life.

It has been religiously serviced and has what we believe to be a turbo upgrade, and has a minor boost increase. That said, I am unsure, so cant confirm specs. It also had a heavy duty clutch fitted some time ago in Australia. It has an aftermarket alloy radiator, and has had the inlet manifold removed recently and hoses replaced. It also has an aftermarket cat-back exhaust system on the car. The wheels are finished in matt black, and are 17 x 9”with good tyres. It also had a Brembo R33 GTR front and rear brake upgrade with slotted rotors, which significantly improved its braking ability, and is the same as featured on the rare V spec/Vspec II models.

The odometer is showing 141000ks and our checks so far have shown this to be real. If you want to do your own checks go right ahead. The car does not have log books, or any paperwork, but once again, it has been in Australia for around 10 years with one owner, so the history is known from then.

Rust free and very tidy GTR’s like this are very hard to find in Japan, and if you do find one, would cost more than we are asking for this.

As such, please:

• Do not call or messaging asking ‘’whats your best price’’- if you are a genuine buyer you will make an appointment to inspect the vehicle and we can discuss, but note that we are not interested in giving the car away, so don’t waste our time or yours with low-ball offers;
  • Have your money/finance ready to go. Don’t bother calling if you have to get a loan, talk to the bank manager, sell your car, ask your mum, or get permission from the Mrs. This is all stuff you need to sort out well before coming to look, as odds are, it will have sold before you get your sh*t together;
  • Not interested in trades, swaps or anything of that nature. And yes, cash is the currency we deal in, so its pointless asking me ‘’how much for cash money” as we aren’t interested in exchanges of goats, cheese, bitcoin, your kid sister or anything of that nature;
  • I can assist with arranging interstate transport at cheap prices.

Price: $43,500 negotiable

Please contact me on 0411789506 to discuss.

Regards,

Bryan

GTR 1.jpg

GTR 2.jpg

GTR 4.jpg

GTR 5.jpg

GTR 6.jpg

GTR 7.jpg

GTR 8.jpg

GTR 9.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely example. Looks like it came in to Aus around the same time as when I imported my first one, so this one has been very well looked after.

That dash looks brand new! Love it.

On 7/11/2018 at 1:32 PM, Gareth said:

In some ways earlier is better. I like the fact that I have a 'lightweight' first edition with no aussie compliance bullshi*

Earlier models are lighter?  How so, do you mean like no side intrusion bars? If it came in via the old 15yr rule these would have had to have been installed to get it engineered, and in fact most of the time square metal tube was used which actually ended up making the doors far heavier than later model 32's that had the intrusion bars installed in Japan in the factory. My 89 GTR ended up heavier than my current 94 for example. Unless you mean the Nismo 32's that had thinner paint, no rear window wiper and no aircon I think? Yeah they were a little lighter, 30 or 40kg's from memory if anyone can confirm?

Yeah i was talking about side intrusion bars, pretty sure mine doesn't have any such modifications, i was under the impression it was imported under the 15 year rule, but i thought that meant no compliance had been carried out? You probably know more than me having owned both an early and a late model. I have no idea how much mine weighs, but my point was more that i quite like having a early 'original' model, especially compared to ones that have had side indicators stuck on.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...