SAU Community

Hey guys
New to this forum, recently bought a V36 350gt Type SP, and it has what looks to be an antenna/parking pole, in the front bumper on the passenger side.

I've spent the last hour or so looking reading through owners manuals, but no luck.

Does anybody know how to retract it? Currently it's up whenever the car is on and I'm finding it a bit annoying.

Attached are a couple of pics. Any help would be appreciated

Cheers!

37127031_10157099074619367_1411586141936680960_n.jpg

37198249_10157099074644367_1709403031121952768_n.jpg

12 hours ago, The Max said:

What's the rectangular cutout in the corner of the bumper bar?

It's a front camera, there's one in the same spot on the other side of the bumper too. I imagine it's handy for inner city driving in Japan, I haven't personally found them very useful lol

Nice! Could be handy for parking up close to a wall or something.

Anyway, if the dude who installed it hasn't implemented a neat little switch in the cabin, probably just worth getting in behind the bumper bar and disconnecting the power connector going into it.

Those cameras are for pulling out at blind junctions generally between buildings.. just stick the nose of the car out rather than the entire engine...

My car has an aftermarket one mounted on the number plate. More useful, I reckon, and can also be used to park 2 mm. from the car in front....:banana:

• Thanks 1